Glaze Theme Thread last updated on 2004-08-24 13:27:17

Posted by member 193182 on 2004-08-18 01:15:18

Hey, I got Glaze 1.3 and think it's an amazing theme... but I don't know why but it seems really buggy to me... i dunno if anyone else is having these problems but here are some of the issues i encountered:

- Fullscreen Videos still have broken/partial bars that show up over the video.

- When bars are hidden to view full screen media... sometimes the theme is unable to be brought back..

- The theme just switches desktop work areas randomly when mouse is not near hotspots..

- Full screen windows are moved automatically into the 4th workspace, as you move threw the workspaces it follows you until it gets stuck at the fourth...

Anyway, I dunno if it's something I did wrong while setting up the theme or if it's actually buggy, let me know your experiences/tips to fix it. Thanks a lot! ^_^

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-08-18 01:44:02 link

as for the first error, thats mostly related to some allwaysontop setting ... try finding and deleting them - the theme still should display correct

this will not force u anymore to hide the bar anf thus eliminate the 2nd error, too

u might try deactivating the hotspots and updating the vwm module, might help

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-08-18 11:22:02 link

for the fourth problem, are you running XP with one of the microsoft themes? if so, set it to the classic theme, and watch the problem go away.

Posted by member 7991 on 2004-08-18 13:43:18 link

I'm currently having a similar issue to your third one with my VWM. However mine only moves down a screen or two, and it is only when I have no windows displayed on my desktop (ie: minimized, or no windows running at all).

I'm using RabidVWM-1.01.... I'm not sure if that is the latest version... checking now...nope.... latest is v1.1.1... installing now.... so far so good! I'll have to close this window to be sure tho....

EDIT: Yeah, as far as I can tell that fixed my problem. Keep in mind I am using a custom theme, not Glaze.

Posted by member 193182 on 2004-08-21 00:30:43 link

Duece!! You're a genius, that completey solved that problem... but I'm still having the first two issues with the videos in fullscreen. I tried disabling stay on top mode... and it didn't help and so I switched it back to stay on top and so it's still giving me trouble... any ideas anyone?

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-08-24 13:27:17 link

for the first one, some of the modules must still be set to ontop. go through the configs.
for the second one, it's either a bad config, or a bad module.