Vtray question Thread last updated on 2004-08-13 23:37:15

Posted by member 34295 on 2004-08-13 10:24:11

No. I don't have object desktop installed at this time. :)

I'm using one of Dartbra's themes and have tried to research how to get his vtray icons to scroll within the stated width and height of the tray. I thought that "SystrayIconScrollStep 1" would do it since it appeared that scrolling was automatically enabled. Nope. No hints in either systray or vtray docs that I can find. 'direction and 'wrapdirection are both set to "Right". 'wrapcount is set to default. I've tried varying all three with not beneficial result.

Thanks much,

Bedwyr

Posted by member 1949 on 2004-08-13 17:54:20 link

Add images to the sides of vtray and use !bangs with

![Tray]ScrollIcons "back/next"
"Scrolls" icons so you are to be able to access all icons in a
fixed sized tray window. Without a parameter VTray cycles through
the icons available. Note that the params are case sensitive
(matching next not NEXT).

Posted by member 34295 on 2004-08-13 20:06:57 link

Check that. I figured out I could use SkinBox. I'm really swimming in deep water here though. This is what I came up with for my tray.rc edit:

VTraySettingsCompatibility
SystrayX 113
SystrayY 4
SystrayWidth 116
SystrayHeight 20
;SystrayAutosize true
SystrayIconSize 14
SystrayIconSpacingX 2
SystrayIconSpacingY 2

SystrayDirection right
;SystrayWrapCount 7
;SystrayWrapDirection right
SystrayBitmap tray.png
SystrayBorderLeft 10
SystrayBorderRight 10
SystrayBorderTop 2

Systray

*SkinBox trayright 234 4 9 20
trayrightTrueAlpha false
trayrightOnTop true
trayrightBitmap tray3.png
trayrightOnLButtondown !VTrayScrollIcons back

*SkinBox trayleft 104 4 9 20
trayleftTrueAlpha false
trayleftOnTop true
trayleftBitmap tray2.png
trayleftOnLButtondown !VTrayScrollIcons next

SystrayIconScrollStep 1

The images show up correctly, but they don't do anything.

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-08-13 22:13:27 link

I always disliked systray scrolling (and worse where the icons just trade places [blocky scrolling]). Anyhow those OnLButtonDown events should fire only once (try having them !alert instead). If you should like them to repeatedly fire, try starting a looping timer OnButtonDown and killing it OnButtonUp using the module timer-0.5 .

You have VTraySettingsCompatibility set to be true, so you should use !SystrayScrollIcons instead of !VTrayScrollIcons, I think (see !about for a list of available bangs).
And IIRC, the argument to that bang may have to be quoted (try the other if one fails to work).

Little things :)

Posted by member 34295 on 2004-08-13 23:37:15 link

The suggestions worked great. They don't like quotes btw.

I'll have to say that in this instance I disagree about blocky scrolling. It works great when you're just clicking repeatedly to get to a particular icon and there just isn't room to display everything. Of course I'm just trying to upgrade ibar to work the way I want. I can still see where smooth tray scrolling would be great (like in a really cool smoothly animated theme if that were possible...). Anyhow, thanks a million.