winamp controlls help Thread last updated on 2004-08-04 12:34:50

Posted by member 169884 on 2004-08-04 00:56:54

first off i would like to say i love litestep and you guys here at litestep.net are awsome you have helped me learn some cool things.
now my problem. i have the winamp agent running, (minimized up by the volume) but when i press play load media or anything on my winamp controlls in the theme (saphardana)nothing happens. But if i click on winamp agent the controls will work. but then winamp is in the taskbar cluttering up space. i was wondering if there was a way to play winamp with just the winamp agent playing.

sorry about the long post but i figured i needed to give as much info as i could.

Comp
Win 2000
ati radeon 9800 pro
audigy 2zs gamer
1gb pc2700 ram
80 gig 7200 rpm hard drive

Posted by member 820 on 2004-08-04 02:39:50 link

I can't tell if you mean:

a) You have winamp in both the taskbar and systray
b) You have winamp in both the systray and an amp module in litestep which is on your "bar"

If it is a, can't you just change that in winamp settings? If it is the second you should really let us know what amp module you have. Check the theme.rc and see if its geekamp or dynamp or what have you, and then someone who uses an amp module might be able to help you.

I alas, do not, so can only tell you to do some reading in the docs. Make sure the amp module is compatible with your version of winamp.

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-08-04 04:03:50 link

if its b what i think it is ... check the settings for your module - my guess is that the module doesnt know the correct path to winamp, which is why the controls aint working ... check the docs of the winamp module to see what needs to be defined for it to work

Posted by member 169884 on 2004-08-04 12:34:50 link

thanxs guys i figured it out i just had to hunt down the stupid winamp options. it took about half an our just to figure out the millions of different options and settings that winamp has. lol. i use media player for most things .
thanks so much i really appreciate you guys helping us who don't know what is going on.