- Variable "LiteStepDir" not found in step.rc! - ?!? Thread last updated on 2003-03-14 02:20:54

Posted by member 15380 on 2003-03-13 13:33:02

I can't seem to load any themes at all... done what I read (step.rc.bak - copy step.rc from theme folder, and module.ini.bak - copy module.ini from folder). Whe I do this it tells me a bunch of messages about not finding this, or this isn't working... I think the only message I haven't recieved is "Your Butt Stinks, please take a shower!" lol. I've coded some Everquest skin mods (XML) and still use notepad to write web pages, so I'm not new to text editing... this has me for a total loop though. I have latest indy build of litestep and still does same, except I don't get the wharf.dll message anymore. Any ideas? Also, anyone know anything about setting up the "Nijikon Fetchi" theme? I want my Trillian to match my desktop for once. Oh yeah... using W2K. Any other info you would need? Thnx for any help.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-03-13 14:01:08 link

sounds like the themes you're using aren't OTS compliant... OTS themes NEVER require you to copy the theme's step.rc to your litestep dir.

Posted by member 15380 on 2003-03-13 17:28:30 link

now I'm confused... every single one I've downloaded gives me the Variable not found message... except, of course, Simplicity. Know any that ARE OTS compliant that I could try? at least I can make sure it's that and not something else.

Posted by member 15380 on 2003-03-13 20:48:18 link

well... after some tinkering I got some other crap to work, but still getting that message... seems that the THM file was pointing to some files that weren't there or were named different... still getting that original LSLM message. Hope someone can help.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-03-13 21:33:18 link

did you do what the docs said first? Read the ReadMe that comes with the theme. Normally it comes with the installation instructions you need to follow in order to get the theme working.

Posted by member 15380 on 2003-03-14 01:31:33 link

I screwed around and had to repoint a bunch of stuff... I got widow to work right, but still having the message pop up with shadowplay. I've been through the whole thing and read all the docs... even got the amp working and showint up right. I'm about ready to just do my own.

BTW, what the hell does the lsx module do besides kill LiteStep when I click on it? Luckily I'm running W2K and can start tasks from the task manager so I don't have to do a hard boot. Got my girlfriend diggin LS too... she just doesn't like my Tenchi (Ryoku) wallpaper, lol!

Posted by member 7 on 2003-03-14 02:20:54 link

Go to http://charliehamster.co.uk/litestep.html and download the patched LSTS, it should fix those .thm problems.