Working on a theme, need some input Thread last updated on 2004-07-13 17:46:48

Posted by member 179699 on 2004-07-13 16:17:50

Im working up a new theme, and from a design aspect, it is going to be fairly simple, no complex graphics on the them itself, but it is however going to be using transparency on the main body. So far it is running pretty quickly on my p3 1.0Ghz laptop at 1600x1200. Im going to make it compatible with any resolution so that is not an issue. I just want some input, likes and dislikes, that sort of thing, here is a screen of what I have so far. The modules used are listed below.

KCLock2
lsxcommand-1.8.5
jdesk-0.711
popup2-2.1.4
vtray-1.06
LSMail
mzscript-0.8.6l
xTaskbar-0.9.9
xLabel-3.1

Im using XLabel and XTaskbar because they seem to run a heck of a lot faster hooked to each other than other taskbar modules.

A screen can be found here

http://webpages.charter.net/mental/Minimalist%20Mental.jpg

Posted by member 167249 on 2004-07-13 17:27:30 link

i really dont like when a theme has like widgets that are always on the top of a window,like the clock,etc. just make it simple and easy to customize.also dont add unnecessary stuff like icons clocks and other stuff thats anoying.when playing games those widgets are always on the top,so try to make some that arent always on the top and can be removed.

thankx

Posted by member 179699 on 2004-07-13 17:46:48 link

maybe i should clarify the theme. the dark blue area with the text labels and the clock is stuck to the desktop, and therefor on the bottom, the lighter blue bar with the system tray is always on top, all these elements are also hideable, i will put some screens up later. also the little squares are toggle buttons to show hide stuff. so the whole theme can be collapsed into the "L" shape at the bottom.

Thanks for the input. It is appreciated