Ability to switch between winamp playlists? Thread last updated on 2004-07-07 11:57:23

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-07-06 21:39:14

I noticed that i cant even really find a way to bind a key to toggle the next playlist in winamp.. but has anyone conquered this via a module?

i have a carputer im building with a nice 7 inch lcd and the main goal of this project is to put all of my mp3's in the car for my lenghty rides to/from work. i have chosen litestep [as with my desktop] because of its flexibility. but i have like 60+ playlists and it doesnt look like its gonna be fun to switch between them all using winamp5's playlist editor. the custom GUI im building will have all the normal winamp controls readily at hand and if i can work it with bsplayer, it will work for that as well if its the current window.. but that im not so much worried about.. i dont plan on watching movies in traffic.

is there a plugin for winamp, or a module that will allow you to skip to the next playlist? it seems retarted to me that this has never been done so im guessing it has been. winamp has been around for ages i would guess someone has asked them to do this so far. ah well any help is appreciated guys.

MeHoo

Posted by member 1 on 2004-07-07 01:24:32 link

uhmmm...the playlist file format should be a registered windows ext. and just by running the file it should switch playlists.

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-07-07 07:22:28 link

i don't know if geekamp/dynamp have been updated to control the winamp media library functions if there are any..

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-07-07 11:06:33 link

i spent a good three hours checking out all winamp plugins and regular controls.. and it seems that the plugins that say they can, dont.. and the normal winamp functions do not include playlist skipping. devilbio can you elaborate? you're saying set up a hotkey to actually load the .m3u? i think i know a few programs that monitor folders and their files maybe i can think up something. thanks though i never thought of it on a .m3u file basis.

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-07-07 11:35:17 link

the problem is i just want one button to say "Next PlayList" or something and load a random file out of a specified directory where i have all my .m3u's

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-07-07 11:55:14 link

WOOOOHOOO

*shortcut "Next Playlist" 50 10 amp-next.bmp amp-next-hover.bmp amp-next.bmp #2o !execute [!al_next][!amp_next]

module = LsAlbumlist Click Me

Posted by member 1 on 2004-07-07 11:55:49 link

To do that then you would want to use Labels random line generator, on a text file listing all of your m3u's, to set labeltext to assign your hotkey.

And yes...I was speaking of just running the .m3u file straight up.

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-07-07 11:57:23 link

for some reason i think its a bug with the albumlister it will not respond to playing the album so i found a way around it both using dynamp or geekamp whatever u want just put in to switch to next playlist then play automatically and it kicks the playlist into gear.