RabidVWM and Flash MX Thread last updated on 2004-07-04 11:02:06

Posted by member 156673 on 2004-07-03 14:46:10

When I launch Flash MX in a desktop of RabidVWM, and then go to another desktop and go back, my toolboxes (Tools, Library, etc.) are gone. It is not a similar problem as with Photoshop, where VWMFix might do the trick. In this case the problems occur when the toolboxes are docked (let's say embedded in the Flash window environment). When I 'release' them (make 'seperate' windows of them), then they stay after switching desktops. But I'd rather not work in that mode, I prefer one single window. Is there a (known ;-)) solution for this?

Posted by member 156673 on 2004-07-04 05:35:35 link

Mmm... it IS a problem of VWMHideTaskOnSwitch. If I disable it, it works fine, but then I don't have a desktop dependent taskbar. For the moment I will have to choose between the best of two evils ;-)
Adding *VWMFix SmartSketchMDIFrame (found out using WinSpector this is the window class for Flash MX) doesn't change a thing.

(Is it hard to understand the source codes? I have quite some experience in programming, albeit platform independent.)

Posted by member 99 on 2004-07-04 11:02:06 link

*VWMFix essentially switches on HideTaskOnSwitch for windows owned by the window you list, so no surprise that it didn't work. :( Maybe a *VWMUnfix...

I do have a version of RabidVWM that works with tasks' per-desktop mode, but I think I was waiting to hear back from jugg to confirm that I haven't gotten any of the messages wrong. (ie, different... already had to fix it once to match bangvwm)