more jkey problems Thread last updated on 2004-07-24 14:23:58

Posted by member 95693 on 2004-06-30 00:15:49

I posted this before but no one responded (maybe b/c I had lsslider in the topic and from everything I've looked through on the other threads this is not one of the problems that has been gone over tons of times)

I have read through the threads and I can't seem to find any information for this problem unless I am completely missing it. I am running LSSlider 1.71 and in my hotkey file I have:

*Hotkey .none VOL_DOWN !sliderVolumeDown 0
*Hotkey .none VOL_UP !sliderVolumeUp 0

in my vk104 file I have:

VOL_UP , AF
VOL_DOWN , AE

Now the vol_down works fine but for some reason the vol_up isn't registered... If I put vol_down in there instead it works, of course disabling the other use of vol_down... is there a problem with LSSlider seeing the AF key code? I have checked with scankey and that is the correct code... Any help would be appreciated

[aditional info]
Actually I just noticed something else while adding some other things to my hotkey file... it seems that vol_down is the only shortcut key that works... I tried adding mute to my hotkey file and it doesn't work... I even tried having it as the only shortcut key called from the vk104 file and still nothing... only vol_down doesn't give me any problems...

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-06-30 03:10:54 link

which keys are that [ae and af] id like to try, but gotta know what to press ...

Posted by member 95693 on 2004-06-30 14:30:19 link

I have a microsoft bluetooth keyboard... AE and AF are the vol up and down media keys... I know they're working, I know litestep sees them and I know the code is correct according to scankey... I just can't figure out why it's not working... I've tried switching the keys and the volup bang works... it's just that for some reason it's not reading any of the other keys correctly... I'd wonder if there was a conflict with the ms keyboard software but then why would down still work...

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-06-30 14:33:43 link

well, maybe u still got some of the keyboard software running which will mess around with jkey?

Posted by member 95693 on 2004-06-30 14:51:03 link

I have the microsoft intellitype software installed but I can't get rid of it otherwise the keyboard won't work at all... :(

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-07-02 01:34:38 link

?
strange - the normal keys should always work and for the rest there will be jkey ... but as long as there is other software it might try to take control over these keys and jkey cant do anything

Posted by member 95693 on 2004-07-02 18:50:17 link

yeah... but the weird thing like I said is that the vol down key still works... why would the software only take over using the vol up? also if the software was overiding jkey I would be fine with it since it defaults to what I want it to do anyway... and even without the hotkey lines about the vol up and down keys with litestep the vol controls still don't work... I wondering if maybe it's more of a lsslider problem than a jkey problem...

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-07-03 05:03:02 link

well, u could try !amp_volumedown / !amp_volumeup just to find out
;thats geekamp

Posted by member 95693 on 2004-07-03 10:05:16 link

well it's not lsslider... I just tried using A and Z for vol up and down and it worked fine... it's something about the media keys OTHER than vol_down... and I'm completely stuck... I've double checked the vk104 file with scankey to ensure the codes are correct and hitting the vol_up key still won't work...

Posted by member 179781 on 2004-07-10 05:41:46 link

I'd really like to know if a soultion for this problem was found, I got exactly the same problem, same microsoft bluetooth keyboard, same AE and AF keys...if so please enlighten me.

thanks in advance

Posted by member 93388 on 2004-07-24 14:23:58 link

try anykey's *scankey feature. it uses another level of key mapping and might work.
included in anykey's archive is a program called scankey2. just load it up and press a key and it'll return the scancode. then read the documentation.