I want this kind of theme... Thread last updated on 2004-06-26 21:37:55

Posted by member 37594 on 2004-06-26 07:10:46

Ok, I have now downloaded a lot of themes but I ain't satisfied with anyone of them. And that is because of a few little things.

I want to have icons, but icons that i can delete whenever i want. Let's take that default theme as an example.

The default theme have icons. And when you download something small, you save it there and then you can open it, delete it, do whatever you want. BUT! You can't delete the standard icons like, this computer, internet explorer?. Maybe this is something you can configure, anyways.

Almost all themes i downloaded doesn't have icons. Those who have icons, have it that way so you can't delete them.

Here is a picture of my old desktop: http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/screener.PNG

I used StyleXP and removed all my icons. Very useful in my opinion. Now with Litestep, i have to open so many things, just so i can do something on my desktop! A file i just saved.

Let's say i downloaded a new theme. What do i have to do. Yes, run around until i end up at my desktop icons.

Maybe this is something you can configurate and I am going to read more about litestep. But to remove something such as important as icons? I don't really know.

Posted by member 1 on 2004-06-26 10:31:31 link

I moved this post because what you are looking for is very much possible with all of the themes you already have. All you really need to do is configure your personal.rc. Here are some examples...
*IconDeskDrivesHide Control Panel
*IconDeskDrivesHide Shared Documents
*IconDeskDrivesHide Devilboi's Documents
*IconDeskTopHide Internet Explorer

Posted by member 37594 on 2004-06-26 12:24:44 link

Ok, thanks for the help ^_^

Posted by member 37594 on 2004-06-26 12:49:38 link

One question. Where in the file should i put this? I tried a little but it didn't work so well :p

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-06-26 12:58:43 link

doesn't matter, just put it somewhere. read the icondesk docs if it doesn't work, i think you need some more settings than these 4 above.

Posted by member 37594 on 2004-06-26 16:35:12 link

I don't really know what you mean. I have searched for some text documents that have something in comment with icondesk but havn't found any.

You can call me blind but that is how it is.

Posted by member 103254 on 2004-06-26 21:37:55 link

C:\ListeStep\modules\docs

should be there somewhere