gnome troubles Thread last updated on 2003-03-12 11:09:44

Posted by member 12698 on 2003-03-11 13:52:57

Hi, I'm newbie with a problem (surprise surprise).
So, desktop icons, such as "home" "waste bucket" doesn't work.
Icon launchmenu same thing... And mouse leaves strange muddy marks when going over clock!?!
What I'm missing here... I tried to read the docs, but I'm not getting anything from there. If you have had these problems earlier or are able to help, I would be very satisfied =)
Tomato

Posted by member 21 on 2003-03-11 16:08:04 link

Which version of Windows are you using? Which build/distro of LiteStep do you have installed? (C:\Litestep\Litestep.exe !About -will give the build date.) And what precisely is the name of the theme? (The !about box tells that, too.)

By most reports, the most trouble-free way to start LiteSteppin' is with Omar's LiteStep Installer. The link to it's on the Home and News pages, iirc.

Posted by member 12698 on 2003-03-12 03:44:51 link

litestep 0.24.6 / win xp pro/ GeeNome v.1.01
I started using litestep with Omar's installer and then updated with newer distro... Did I? suppose to at least... =)
Thanks for helping me out

Posted by member 12698 on 2003-03-12 03:48:15 link

... and another one. popup menu scrolls my programs too slow, is it possible to speed it up or show them all at the same time?

Posted by member 21 on 2003-03-12 11:09:44 link

I don't know about the popups, but for the desktop shortcuts...

Look through the theme's step.rc (and all its "include" files) until you find the definitions for the desktop icons. Likely what you'll find is "explorer" commands in the plain. The only thing I can suggest, if the commands themselves are right, is either enclosing the entire command to run in quotes or enclosing the entire command in a !Execute bang. See the main docs (litestep and shortcut pages). HTH.