Popup2 Bug Thread last updated on 2004-06-29 09:17:40

Posted by member 7991 on 2004-06-24 11:59:32

This is a re-post from another thread in the General fourm. I did this so that the problem would be more visible, and in the proper category. Here's the original post:

After playing around a bit just to verify what TSL was saying, went through the popups to display this structure, with the final entry only highlighted (did not move mouse to final menu):

RootPopup>System>MyComputer>C:>WINNT

when I moved the mouse back from C: to mycomputer (mouse never entered the WINNT popup), the first 3 menus disappeared...!!!RELIABLY!!!

Through further tests I found that when I moved from the WINNT entry in the C: popup back to the C: entry in the MyComputer popup, this triggered all popups to disappear except for the C: popup. This happens EVERY time the mouse moved directly (without hitting ANY other entries) back to the C: entry in the MyComputer popup. This does not happen when moving directly from a non-directory entry (ie: somefile.txt) in the C: popup back to the C: entry in the MyComputer popup.

Using popup2-2.1.5, Litestep 0.24.7 RC3, Win2000

Can I get a verification on this?

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-06-25 17:30:40 link

It happens. In my case it's usually the system popup (I typically go to control panel, or stop at the drive letters themselves), but yeah...strange stuff.

Posted by member 32292 on 2004-06-28 15:51:08 link

Yes, happens to me too, you don't have to put your mouse anywhere near the WINNT (Or any other folder for that matter) for the first 3 to disappear. Just simply mouse over the drive entry then try to go back. :/

Posted by member 99 on 2004-06-28 22:44:48 link

It looks like moving to the selected entry of the grandparent of a !PopupFolder after opening the !PopupFolder will close all popups above the !PopupFolder's immediate parent. (The selected entry being the one that opens the !PopupFolder's immediate parent.)

using popup2-2.1.7:

root->system->my computer
move back to root->system

root->litestep->utilities
then move the mouse back to root->litestep

Posted by member 7991 on 2004-06-29 09:17:40 link

Setting PopupFocusFix to FALSE somewhat fixes the problem. The parent folders no longer disappear, but instead flash briefly, indicating that the underlying bug still exisitant.