lsslider causing random exceptions?? Thread last updated on 2004-06-24 22:51:51

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-06-22 00:54:18

Hiya all,

I'm using the recently-uploaded 'aleatoric' by [idioteque] (strangely, I don't know what this name means, but in high school, my Latin teacher's last name was Alea) and I'm loving it.

So I added an amp slider to the 'main' box using the latest lsslider on loose-screws, and now I get random exceptions on exit and initialization of certain key (and known stable) modules, like RabidVWM and even the NLM. Lsslider has an exception once in awhile, but it's usually rabid.

(Ironically, I just tried recycling a million times in a row and guess who didn't see a single exception.)

Anyway, when i get litestep running (through killing it and reviving it through the taskmanager) the slider works beautifully. Tried an older version of the module, no difference...

What's the deal?

Oh--while we're at it, I tried adding transparency to lsbox, but to no avail. All I have to do is load grdTransparent and tell it to make lsbox transparent, right? Everything in this theme is in boxes, because it's all draggable...but the transparency just doesn't happen. Or the shell freezes. Whichever comes first.

YES, I'm running Win2K, and YES, I read the module's docs (both box and trans), and YES, I've set it to a value below 255--or above 0, with LSTransparent (YES, I've tried both).

Any thoughts?

Posted by member 1 on 2004-06-22 01:44:17 link

well...if I am thinking straight...which may not be because it is almost 3AM...you can't set the box to be transparent...just the modules within the box. Also make sure your load order is correct and stuff...that always gets me.

Did your exception errors start when you added LSSlider to the box?

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-06-22 11:23:58 link

Hmm...that's interesting, I'll try it. From reading, though, I'd thought you could make lsbox transparent and everything within would become transparent as well. But I'll give that a swing and see what happens.

Yes, definitely, they did. To make sure I commented out the nlm lsslider, as well as its hook line in the main.box. It seems to happen pretty randomly, though, it might just be a bug with my machine...

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-06-24 22:51:51 link

Well wow! Would you look at that! LSBox has transparency support! Heh, missed that bulletin...sorry for the dumb Q. My Aleatoric is poifect now. When I finally get around to building my first theme, I'm def'ly using LSBox. Great frigg'n module. So great it makes me want to punch my mom in the face.

Still getting random exceptions, though, and I'm not sure if that's a problem with label.dll or not.