bluetooth systray icon not responding Thread last updated on 2004-07-19 10:41:58

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-06-15 20:26:03

Hiya,

I've got a bluetooth enabled phone and a dongle attached to my USB port on my computer. Bluetooth software is installed correctly, and works in explorer.

My problem is this: there's a menu that SHOULD pop up when you right-click the Bluetooth system tray icon, with the options to connect, synchronize, etc. But alas, even running the latest RC of LS with the very latest systray2 module, no menu--in fact, not much activity at all. When my phone connects to my computer via bluetooth in Explorer, the tray lets me know with a nice little speech bubble. In LS, the icon turns green, as it's supposed to, but nothing more. And again, the right-click thing doesn't work, which is extremely annoying. But speech bubbles be damned, I really just want my right-click menu.

As a matter of fact, when I double-click the icon, My Bluetooth Places pops up in an explorer window--which didn't happen at all with previous versions of the module. So that's an improvement.

Anyway, anybody know of an adequate tray module that can work with my bluetooth software? Any of the previous systray modules that I missed? Or a replacement? Or will this be fixed in a future release?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-06-16 15:09:31 link

Oh--by the way, all other right-click menus work, including winamp and volume controls.

Posted by member 31 on 2004-06-17 10:43:20 link

My only guess is that the bluetooth app is requesting the systray to use the version 5 (win2k/xp) mouse interaction. And either LS is telling it that we support that (and we don't), or it doesn't fall back to pre v5 mouse support when we tell it we do not support it. That isn't much immediate help to you, but we'll try to look into this and get it resolved.

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-06-17 15:59:53 link

Grazie. Gotta love it when support forums actually work. Very refreshing community, this one! :)

Posted by member 31 on 2004-07-18 20:56:36 link

volfro, could you test systray.dll v1.10 (you can find it in th e downloads section here). If the popup menu still doesn't appear, then you'll have to wait until I have time to implent mouse v5 support into the module to see if that fixes it. Of course it could be an entirely different problem...

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-07-18 21:45:19 link

Works like a charm! Frickin A, Jugg, that's some awesome work. I just synchonized my phone's schedule with Outlook via the tray for the first time since I stopped using Explorer! Exciting times, exciting times...

Posted by member 31 on 2004-07-19 10:01:11 link

Excellent. Well, that is one less item to look into before we can release LS 0.24.7 final. :)

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-07-19 10:41:58 link

Can't wait to see it buddy. I'm very excited! Is there a time frame as to when the final will be released?