Skinning Windows Thread last updated on 2004-06-18 18:59:34

Posted by member 172702 on 2004-06-15 15:32:53

I've seen a couple themes with skinned windows (titlebar, borders, custom close, minimize buttons, etc.) and I'd like to add them to my skin. Skimming over a couple themes who appear to have it, I didn't find anything. I've gone to Loose Screws as well, didn't find anything there either.

Does anyone know which module/commands that allow you to do this, or if there even is one? If not, would someone want to make one? It would be nice to have a more complete Explorer replacement shell instead of only being able to change the taskbar/desktop.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted by member 35 on 2004-06-15 17:07:32 link

Posted by member 172702 on 2004-06-15 18:03:10 link

Thanks syro, I'm going to try ShellVM, because WindowsBlinds isn't free, but would anyone be willing to make a module for Litestep to do this, if possible? It's beyond my programming abilities but I'd like to see it done.

Posted by member 35 on 2004-06-15 18:48:42 link

actually fallout is working on eppie, making it an ls module is one of the ideas, but havent heard anything new about it.

Posted by member 3861 on 2004-06-18 18:59:34 link

it is quite amazing how all of these forums are related to virtualplastic's (neowin.net,deviantart.com,here,...)

I was working making eppie work with litestep, but I hit a snag when trying to get it to compile that I haven't been able to get around(I got it to compile but linker errors galore, and the hard ones to boot... as if there were easy linker errors). It seems that the library used with the original eppie code doesn't work (could it be made with a compiler that was written before C++ became standardized?), untill I (or anyone else who is willing to help) can figure out what the library is doing all work on making eppie work with litestep(and eventually becoming a module) has ceased.

I do plan on reverse engineering the library sometime when I get around to it(need to do a little reading on asm routines and what has changed to x86 assembly in the last several years, if anything), but my job keeps me outside all the time(gotta watch the chicks from the lifegaurd stand, so I guess I can't really complain).