interesting (new) tasktray bug Thread last updated on 2004-06-16 05:35:06

Posted by member 151996 on 2004-06-13 22:28:00

for whatever reason, my tasktray is acting funny in austerity, just started recently, no idea why... looked around, didn't see anything similar, so i thought i'd post this

basically, my tasktray gets shrunk down to one icon in width every time i click in the tasks portion of the taskbar (immediately left of the tasktray) and it will not reappear unless i recycle litestep, in which case it shows up normally... until i click on something down there again

again, not sure why this is happening, so if someone has any clues, please let me know... picture here: http://www.chinkwithguns.com/austeritycutoff.htm (btw, does anyone know if it's the default setting for ie6 to open paint upon linking to a .bmp?)

Posted by member 151996 on 2004-06-14 08:24:45 link

guh, after much fiddling, i figured out what was happening... the taskbar area's width was set too high somehow and it resulted in the taskbar running into the tasktray by the size of one quicklaunch icon, so i changed
TaskBarWidth $ResolutionX-TaskBarX-SystrayWidth-TimeWidth$

in taskbar.rc to

TaskBarWidth $ResolutionX-TaskBarX-SystrayWidth-TimeWidth-54$

which seems to work

Posted by member 151996 on 2004-06-16 05:35:06 link

actually it looks like i broke the script somehow, so i just replaced it with the original one (not sure how it happened, i don't even remember looking at it) and now it's all peachy keen... don't i look silly