Spaceship cockpit theme? Thread last updated on 2004-06-13 22:15:07

Posted by member 172105 on 2004-06-13 20:20:07

I have a cool idea for a theme but I am niether an artist or able to create themes for... well for anything =/ but I want my desktop to look like I am in the cockpit of a spacecraft with transparent controls that I can minimize/maximize by moving the mouse over the area's (and then leaving them maximized if I move away by pressing a button). One boxed area would be the control panel, with things like My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and various other links in them, another box would contain shortcuts to applications I have on my desktop, like my games and what not, and instead of using icons, all the shortcuts are text only (very minimalistic). Of course the background would be a cool picture of space, maybe a planet or a nebula (if it was animated so it looked like I was orbiting the planet, that would be even better). I don't have any example pics, though I could sketch something to the effect of what I want and scan it if there is anyone interested in helping me make this.

P.S.
Pardon me if this post speaks eratic; I used my quota of good English today and am now working on my Bad English quota ^_^

Posted by member 172105 on 2004-06-13 22:15:07 link

Here is a sketch I did of what I want with a few notes.