Anykey problems Thread last updated on 2004-06-21 02:42:23

Posted by member 3800 on 2004-06-12 22:27:07

Ok I know this has been posted several times but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm attempting to get those dang volume keys to work on a laptop kb.
using Anykey and V_Bang I have
*AppKey .none A !Volume_Up 0
'A' of course being the apcode from both scankey2 and vk104.txt after hitting the fn+pageup keys (Volume up).
No errors on a recycle, but the hotkey has no effect either. This is a Dell laptop by the way, if anyone else has gotten their's to work, let me know.
TIA,
Teshadael

Posted by member 28487 on 2004-06-13 10:00:39 link

I've not used AnyKey, I use jKey, but try this:
*AppKey .none APPCOMMAND_VOLUME_UP !Volume_Up 0

Posted by member 3800 on 2004-06-17 20:00:19 link

ok finally got a chance to look at this again, but still no luck. Tried the APPCOMMAND_VOLUME_UP. I've double checked everything: loaded Anykey module, commented out the neccessary jkey lines, loaded v_bang mod, set the rc settings needed for that and double checked my hotkey.rc. Can anyone think of what I'm doing wrong here?

Posted by member 3800 on 2004-06-17 21:54:13 link

Also just noticed that the win key doesn't respond. Scankey2 gives a vkcode of 5B. Is there a way to add this key to the vk104.txt?

Posted by member 3800 on 2004-06-17 22:55:54 link

err nm the win key part =)

Posted by member 3800 on 2004-06-17 23:22:02 link

Ok, somehow I got it to work, not sure what I did, just kept messing with it. However I find anykey very buggy, especially if I use a *hotkey def using the WIN key. After a recycle, it states there was an error with all hotkey definitions and sometimes there are errors reported by other modules as well. Does this happen to anyone else? Seg@, is there anymore you think you can do with this module in terms of bugs?
TIA

Posted by member 111 on 2004-06-19 17:18:35 link

No, I don't really know how to solve the !recycle problem...
Sometimes (verrrrry rare though) I'm thinking Bill Gates is a very nice girl.
The module uses hooks, but they are not implemented well in the Windows, and nobody know how to unload .dll with a system hook in the right way. MSDN just says that "hook procedure can be executed even after FreeLibrary", i.e. there is NO proper API call to reload anykey.dll... Damn, it's the first time I see the bug documented as a feature.
Chaku in his ckHotspots.dll tried to avoid the same problem - by using additional .dll only for hook procedure and trying to unload it 20-30 times... his guess failed and he had still the same crashes (that's why some time later the older timer-based solution was recommended).

Also another guy who uses anykey.dll - Chuvi - said that sometimes LS just stops to answer on hotkeys. Everything works fine except my module... I could not answer anything except "aaaaa... oooo... hmmm..."

So, just uninstall AnyKey, return back to jKey (as I did) and try to find third-party application which do the same thing (afraid most of such software isn't freeware)...

Posted by member 3800 on 2004-06-20 21:48:53 link

Cool, thanks for the update =)

update as in information, not update as in module hehe

Posted by member 111 on 2004-06-21 02:42:23 link

???