Huge Error in LS Thread last updated on 2004-06-17 15:40:21

Posted by member 170666 on 2004-06-09 21:36:26

When I try to log on my Windows XP account I get two error messages:

Variable "ThemeDir" not defined.
Expression: $ThemeDir$config\_compatibility_patch.rc

and

Variable "ThemeDir" not defined
Expression $ThemeDir$theme.rc

Well, I press OK on both, and I have no desktop at all, I only have my background, the screen is empty and I can't right click.

I logged onto Windows XP as Administator to uninstall and it said "Sorry Administrator, you are not authorized to uninstall Litestep"

When I go to any .exe for Litestep it says "ERROR: could not find LiteStepDir, exiting

build was not installed"

Please help me, I can't even log onto my account and this is becoming a huge pain!

Posted by member 159957 on 2004-06-09 21:47:18 link

Make sure this two lines are (exacly) on your step.rc

ThemesDir "$LiteStepDir$themes\"
include "$ThemeDir$theme.rc"

Posted by member 1 on 2004-06-10 02:22:02 link

sounds like you installed a theme that wasn't written correctly. Have you checked the comments on the theme? Have you attempted to revert back to the default theme? Have you attempted to install over the top of your current installation?

Posted by member 7 on 2004-06-10 07:51:42 link

Even if you have no desktop at all you can still launch apps (such as the uninstaller). Just press ctrl-shift-esc to open task manager. In its "file" menu you'll find a "run" entry.

Posted by member 74754 on 2004-06-17 15:40:21 link

putting 'explorer' into the run dialog you get from the task manager will start up the explorer shell, so you can have some functionality back. I have to do that occasionally, when I make a mistake in theme editing or some such bull. Good look with the problem.