RabidVWM Can't open file....path....vwm.box Thread last updated on 2004-06-11 18:38:18

Posted by member 169944 on 2004-06-09 02:40:18

Hello,
I just installed an awsome theme which had a few problems, and found the answer by accident,lol. Now I have downloaded another theme and this one leaves me stumpt because I can not find answers. I checked the information that came with the LiteStep package, I checked the forums and found nothing. Thats about 9 hours of wild goose chase.
The theme I downloaded is called BorgX and yes I do like this stuff very much. During the installation I got this:

RabidVWM Can't open config file, check your path:
Build\themes\BorgX\Config\boxes\vwm.box

Well, i have never heard or seen of such a thing in my life
and have never looked in the file itself either, technically
I'm Newbyfied!!! Having worked with some html as well as another program called browserbob, I do have a tiny idea about this LiteStuff now.
So, I know you are all busy people but if there are any LS-Gurus out there who can come in to give me some good detailed direction, please help! Thankyou

Posted by member 99 on 2004-06-09 11:16:03 link

Try changing:
*NetLoadModule rabidvwm-1.01
in theme.rc to:
*NetLoadModule rabidvwm-1.1.1

Posted by member 169944 on 2004-06-09 13:45:48 link

Rabidcow,
It worked, After I edited rabisvwm as instructed, I changed over to BorgX and it automatically downloaded the module I was missing. It's amazing what a tiny adjustment could do
Your a genius, thanks.

Posted by member 169944 on 2004-06-09 17:04:52 link

Rabidcow, I managed to contact the Author of BorgX, After I got it to work, I found that there still a few glitches, no wallpaper, top bar is draggable, but the "wing" bars (amp and tray) don't move with it and my laptop freezes up. I'm going to see if he can send me a fix or something. 'I prefer pizza'
heh! want some? BIG SMILE

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-06-11 18:38:18 link

no wallpaper? not all themes (in fact, very few themes) actually come packaged with wallpaper. just because it's in the screenshot doesn't mean it'll be in the theme .zip and for your laptop freezing, are you running RC3? if not, upgrade and see if that fixes the problem. for the amp and tray not moving, that's just a coding issue.