Noob up in here - Little help? :P Thread last updated on 2004-05-24 15:13:49

Posted by member 160711 on 2004-05-24 03:27:47

Hello all!

Well, I'm new to Litestep...So new infact, that I barely know what the hell it is...But I'm willing to learn because I've heard loads of positive comments about it, and I hate the Micro$oft way...I need to first know what Litestep is actually made up of? I think I understand it because I've installed Rainlendar succesfuly, and Rainmeter half-works (only because Winamp thingy is still there, I'm trying to get rid of it) so if someone could explain a little...That would help.

Secondly, I need to know how to make LSXCommand go...I downloaded the .dll file and stuff, but how do I make it show up? Like, how do I make it appear on like Rainlendar does?

And last but not least, how to I get rid of the Winamp commander thing at the bottom? I'm using to default skin by the way...I need it to go POOF and just not appear on my desktop...So then hopefully Rainmeter will work and bits of it won't be transparent and show the taskbar tasks...You are all probably thinking what the **** is that kid on, and your al probably confused as hell...But please hear me out, I'm used to simple things like Window Blinds, but that thing sucks...

--Fr0st33

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-24 08:32:20 link

1. Get the Classic theme that was just put up, Illusions, Innerpeace, or a few other simple themes, and play around; have the module docs on hand.

2. For OTS2, using NLM:
in the theme.rc, put:
*NetLoadModule "file_minus_zip"
So for 1.9.2:
*NetLoadModule "lsxcommand-1.9.2"
Open the file from LS-universe,Shellfront, or Loose-screws, and it will be named lsxcommand-1.9.2.zip. you use the filename, save the ".zip" for all modules, all lower case.

Check out http://o-t-s.sourceforge.net/

3. Don't. Just use a different theme. Austerity is basic in looks, and is easy to migrate from explorer with, and works on all OSes, but it is not really simple theme to mess with for a noob.

Also, don't make that mistake of thinkiing LS replaces WB or ShellWM. All different stuff. I must agree though. Newer versions of WB especiallly, have been slower and less stable than before.

Posted by member 160711 on 2004-05-24 14:56:26 link

OK I got that theme inner peace, but how do I make it run? o.0 told you I was a noob...

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-05-24 15:13:49 link

popup - litestep - change themes - install theme
or just unzip and put the folder that should be in the zip file into your themes directory under litestep\themes. then again popup - litestep - change themes - refresh list, after that the theme name should be in the list.

and please do more reading btw. ... you could've found out yourself...