Missing Modules amongst many tried themes.... Thread last updated on 2004-05-20 12:02:07

Posted by member 163169 on 2004-05-19 23:44:42

OK.. I'm only kinda new to LS ... i have a friend who showed it to me last year or so.. and i tried it fo a fvew months.. liked it and all that stuff.. but i iused his theme that he made... now im trying to use a few different themes, such as Hacked2, Immortalized-mmd3, and on every theme, except the default installed theme for LS, tells me im missing modules, and telling me to check my config... ok so no big deal.. excpet neither i nor my friend, ( whos been using LS for like 5 year) can figure out wtf is going on.. now if someone could kindly tell me 1, wither where to dl the missing modules ( which i dont knwo which ones are missing.. i just know that half the menu bar at the bottom of the screen for Hacked 2 is missing...) or two how to fix it.. that would be greatly appreceaited... thanks for your time

CW

Posted by member 1 on 2004-05-20 03:14:00 link

When you install a theme a box pops up and tries to download modules...when you get a red X that means it didn't get downloaded. From there your friend should be able to look at your step and know why...if not...he hasn't really used LS that long.

Posted by member 163169 on 2004-05-20 08:25:34 link

He said that... but i dont get that box... any other ideas?

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-20 08:37:07 link

Are you using Omar's installer (downloads section here)?

Posted by member 163327 on 2004-05-20 08:44:50 link

Been having the same problem, and I'm sure it downloaded the modules it stated. They were marked as installed anyways.

I'm using the windows installer linked on this site, in the downloads section. Updated to build 0.24.7 RC-1.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Posted by member 163169 on 2004-05-20 08:56:40 link

actually we got it fixed... apparently LS didnt like the way i was extracting it to the themes folder... and the Omar's installer iddnt work right either.. soooo we ended up raring it... and then extracting directly to the themes folder form that window.... so now it works.. dl's the modules.. but now i get an error complaining about my username for windows having a space in it... ( IE, Crimson Wolf,instead of CrimsonWolf) if anyone knows how to fix this.. id love to hear it... thanks

CW

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-20 10:48:48 link

Does the error relate to paths? If so, whereever it is, it should have quotes around it.
C:\HelpMe\help.hlp is fine, but this is space-delimited stuff, so
C:\Help Me\help.hlp gives a path of C:\help, and then this other parameter Me\help.hlp.
However, "C:\Help Me\help.hlp" works as a single piece, not split into two.

Don't know what was up w/ themes...I've never used the included theme installer :). Since Winzip and WinRAR both have histories for the paths extracted to, it's just too simple to open the theme instead of save, unpack and be done.

Posted by member 163169 on 2004-05-20 11:37:39 link

It says VarFile "C:\LiteStep\profiles\Crimson" not found.... my profile name is Crimson Wolf... so im thinking that has something to do with it.. but like i said im kinda new to this.. so i dont know much...

Posted by member 159957 on 2004-05-20 12:02:07 link

read carefully Cerbie just gave you the answer.