help im new and lost Thread last updated on 2004-05-18 20:59:17

Posted by member 162378 on 2004-05-18 19:20:57

ok i dl lite step and it run nice and clean but i also downloaded a shell called aquazone and onthe bottom ther is a menu button and when u click it aanother menu slides out has graaphics,utilities,media,office,internet and when u click one another box pop up with the stuff u want to be in ther ie: graphics:photoshop ,paint etcetc well on mine theris nuthin in my box when i click Graphics and or the others also and my prob is i have no clue how to link ther i sorta figure it out what file to edit but not workin this is what is sez
:::::
:::

P.S. To add items to the menues at bottom left, just open "$ThemeDir$Misc\" and in it you will find five
folders: Graphics, Internet, Multimedia, Office, System Tools. In those folders put the windows shortcuts
that you need.

ok well there the prob i cannot find this file ? where is it so i can edit it so th3ese links will work

P.s i found the that file in another theme and tried to edit it to make the links work on another them and i cant even figure out how to link it rite neither soim prettylost here and i hope i explained this good enuff for yall to know what im talkin about

any help would be appreciated

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-18 19:48:18 link

(drive):\Litestep\themes\(theme name)\misc\
I'm guessing he made a popup to misc. This way you copy links to those folders and it just works.
$$ enclose environment variables in Litestep. In the main popup for it (right-click on desktop), under litestep->utilities, use evarconfig to set some of them.
$ThemeDir$ will be (drive):\Litestep\themes\(themename)\, for instance.

For making the links, just find the link in the start menu, right-click and copy it, then open the folder (you should be able to right-click the popup's entry for the folder and click open) and paste it in there.

Posted by member 162378 on 2004-05-18 20:59:17 link

here is the read me check it out

The menu bar located at the bottom the screen can be used to access commonly used application instead of the right click menu. It provides a more direct link to the shortcuts and displays the shortcut icons. Icons are not shown by default in the right click menu to speed processing.

All the menus use the $CommonPrograms$ and $Programs$ folders with "Web Links" being the only exception. $CommonPrograms$ points to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" and $Programs$ points to "C:\Documents and Settings\username" on a standard Windows XP system.

this is the part i dont uder stand at all u ddont know what file to edit nor where the file is so i can edit it and if i did find the file i would have no clue what to do and i dont know hwo to set the links up is it like for graphics the link would be ie C:\my progs\adobe\photoshop.exe ??? what is all this crap lol $progrma$$%#$@!%^ swqeihotqeirq ahhhhhhhhhhhh 8(