Quicklaunch is gone, need some help Thread last updated on 2004-05-24 12:36:26

Posted by member 159863 on 2004-05-18 16:13:22

I'm using a theme called Wet. when i right click on my desktop, i can choose "litestep, programs, quicklaunch, system and tasks". i figured i didnt need the quicklaunch-bar, so i right-clicked it and pressed delete. the shortcuts inside were deleted, but the empty bar still remains. when i rebott and enter normal windows-mode, i can no longer active quicklaunch, i just get an errormessage when i right click the taskbar and try to activate quicklaunch. what can i do to solve this? the best thing would be to get rid of the entire quicklaunch-tab (its annoying to have it there when it's just empty), or maybe be able to put shortcuts in it again...

Posted by member 160721 on 2004-05-19 04:34:11 link

When you clicked delete it actually deleted your quicklaunch folder. If you want it back you just need to make a new folder named "Quick Launch" in the appropriate folder. Not sure about other versions of Windows but if you're using XP it's at "c:\documents and settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" where user_name is your login name. You'll have to add all your links back in the folder but that's a pretty easy thing to do.

It's been a while since I've used explorer but if I recall, you should be able to right click your taskbar and uncheck the Quick Launch option or drag it down to zero width.

If you just want to remove the Quick Launch line from your pop up, all you have to do is comment it out of your popup.rc file in your litestep personal folder by adding a semi-colon in front of it, saving and then recycling.

Hope that helps.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-05-21 17:50:30 link

what kind of theme would delete your quicklaunch folder?!

Posted by member 160721 on 2004-05-22 02:20:51 link

It's not the actual theme that does it. When you right click on a popup menu, it's just like right clicking the folder in Explorer. So when you right click and say delete, it'd be the same as right clicking and saying delete in Explorer.

If you want to change the visual display of any part of any theme, it should be done through the .rc or image files that are associated with that theme. The exceptions of course being settings in your personal files such as popup.rc, hotkey.rc, etc.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-05-24 12:36:26 link

oh, I see what he did now. my bad. :P