Need help starting my theme idea... Thread last updated on 2004-05-17 19:19:09

Posted by member 123946 on 2004-05-16 11:14:51

Ok, this is basically what im trying to do.
I'm a very minimalistic person and currently i just deleted everything in the litestep folder execpt the absolute needed stuff, and I just run lsxcommand and its alias to run everything i need. However, what im trying to do now is create a small bar at the bottom of my screen, if possible have it start out hidden, and when i hit a hotkey have it slide up from the bottom of the screen so that the command box is viewable. I want this area to be basically the center of all control. Meaning i want the commandline box there.. probably a system tray.. time.. and such.. all in this same area. I want the thing to be fully skinnable.

Here are the problems that I see basically.
1. How can i combine all these modules like lsxcommand and grdtray and others into this same area.. and have them move at the same time and dissappear at the same time.. and act together, but make the separate enough so they are usable.
2. How can i make sure everything is skinnable and nice looking. Do i just use some dummy labels with transparency and no text to get the extra graphics to make it flow.
3. How can i get stuff to slide like i want it. After i find some way to put everything in one box or something..can i just setup a script to change the y-coord every pixel or 5 to have it slide, however that might be choppy.. is there an easier way to do this.

So basically i want this small box with graphics around it to make it look nice. And in this box everything will be there that i need.. commandline, time, stats, systray.. whatever i need. However i want it to be hidden when i dont need it. The slide effect would be nice. Also could i have a hot key slide it out, then after say 30 seconds of not being used.. or after a command in lsxcommand can i have it automatically slide back down the bottom of the screen and be hidden again. If someone can help me out with these ligistics it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by member 123946 on 2004-05-16 11:19:03 link

BTW.. if anyone is really interested in helping me with this and wants to msg me on AIM please feel free to do so. My aim is the same as my username.

Posted by member 562 on 2004-05-17 05:46:27 link

sounds like an lsbox theme to me

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-05-17 06:31:36 link

1. Use the "hooking" feature of xLabel, skinbox, lsbox (buggy). Replace grdTray with systray2 or vtray (better use systray2)

2. It's up to you :)

3. If you "hook" modules into a *box (see above), moving these box will move all it's content, too.

4. Am I misunderstood something ?

Posted by member 123946 on 2004-05-17 07:30:28 link

ya, yesturday while playing around i was able to hook lsxcommand to xlabel, and using the !LabelMove command i was able to animate it sliding off screen. The problem is after hooking lsxcommand to that, i was not able to use anything i typed in there. It was as if it was hidden. Know any way around this so I can stack multiple modules on top of each other.. and then just switch between them using a small button on the side?

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-17 19:19:09 link

You can hook them all into the same label, make a script to show/hide them, showing only one at a time.