LSXCommand and history Thread last updated on 2004-05-17 23:05:48

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-15 21:11:27

Very simply, how can I get LSXCOmmand (1.9.x) to 'forget' what is just had?
If I start typing, it auto-completes, and even if that isn't what I wanted, it begins the history from there.

So if I start with !vw, and fills in mGather, the history is set to be at !vwmGather, and back/forward move from that, even if I typed out !vwmHide and hit enter. So I want to go back to my last two or three bangs, but that's not where it is going to. Very annoying. Is this is a bug or can I set it? I can't find anything about this in the docs.
1.8.6 works like expected, using the values of what was really last executed.

Posted by member 1 on 2004-05-16 01:01:31 link

You could set your history length to 1. And to clear the history edit modules.ini and remove the LSXCommand history entries that are in there.

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-16 01:50:43 link

But that would cause there to be only one item in the history, right?
I like having the last 50 in there, and often have several !bangs I want to re-use after a recycle. However, !commandsize saves me a recycle, which I rather like, but 1.9.0 acts just like 1.9.2, and 1.9.1 won't do the up-goes-back history. 1.8.6 has the history based on command entered or selected (by up/down), but not based from what it auto-completes.
IE, the same history most linux terminal/shell apps and the fake DOS prompt in Windows use (but not all of them, I admit).
I just want the command history behavior of 1.8.6 and earlier, but with the newer !commandSize bang.

Posted by member 99 on 2004-05-16 23:29:03 link

That does sound suspiciously like a bug... I'll take a look when I have some time.

For now, note that you can use ctrl+home/end to get to either end of the list really quickly.

Posted by member 159957 on 2004-05-17 16:09:16 link

I use a popup commandbox and lscommand on another theme and they both share the same history.
There is no modules.ini on my box.
how do I get rid of all history I dont want it to remmember anything.
How do you stop this command boxes from keeping history,wear is it stored.
I apologize if its not exactly what the post refers to but thought not to start another post refering to command box history.the readme files of both modules I refer to donot offer an option to clear this.

Posted by member 182 on 2004-05-17 23:05:48 link

turn off lsxcommand autocomplete