Resizing LsBox? Thread last updated on 2004-05-12 15:36:14

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-11 20:39:44

Wouldn't it be great if you could just drag to resize a LsBox, like a typical window (dragging), and then have it shoot out the current X, Y, width and height values for the box resizing to say, a script !bang?

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-05-11 23:05:28 link

Sure.

While waiting you could probably do it using SkinBox.

No indication by mouse cursor however. (Hrm, that could be a useful module)

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-11 23:45:23 link

Yeah, but LsBox is easier to use when hooking modules all in it :)

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-05-12 00:25:31 link

xLabel will be the one...

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-12 00:45:14 link

So, xLabel will become more on an uber-module than Skinbox was befor xLabel?
That sounds cool to me :)
(unless you're saying it already can do it...I did look through the docs and couldn't find anything, but it is already more useful than Skinbox...of course if it can have other xLabels docked to it, LsBox would be near obsolete...)

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-05-12 06:25:27 link

using xlabel is as easy as using lsbox, at least that's what i think.
the latest release even has mouseup and -down events, so you should be able to create scripts for a mouse-resized box.
the only advantage of lsbox i see is its dll size, because even xlabellight (2.9) is three times as big as lsbox.

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-05-12 08:02:06 link

I guess the dll's size ins't very important (at leats on today's machines)
A smaller dll doesn't means it will take less memory when using it!

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-05-12 09:16:14 link

yeah right, i only remember many people complaining about the huge size of xlabel over at loose-screws.
personally, i doubt you would notice any differences between these modules even on a today's low end machine. :)

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-12 15:36:14 link

The module needs to be fast. If it has to be 500KB for a simple label, so be it. As long as it doesn't do a lot of RAM hogging compared to others, it's fine.

If xLabel can do this, let me know:
One box that is a grip to move it all about. One square box under/over/left/right of it that is a shade/popup button. One box that has a module display, let's say for VWM.
The VWM box has the grip to the right, and the shade button on bottom. The grip image must be sized to the VWM box's height - the grip's width. Then the shade button is place at the same X as the grip, and down the grip's height, so as to appear a complete bar. All of the dimensions may be changed, so making images with a blank space the height of the shade button wouldn't work.

With a 'flat' image, this would be no sweat. One big bar, a shade label, and then a label above it encompassing the bottom border. But doing that now stands out.

At the moment, I don't see how this is possible with xLabel. xLabel is close to replacing LsBox, and being able to move it relative to its current position (being able to resize up and to the left, among other things), it will make LsBox about obsolete as soon as labels can be dragged around the screen as a group (docking).