Windows opening in different Virtual Desktop Thread last updated on 2005-10-05 21:48:12

Posted by member 159206 on 2004-05-10 19:58:08

Hello,

I used to be a heavy LS user about 3 years ago, and was wandering around and found that it's alive and well still. I'm trying to give it a go once more. Ok onto the problem:

I've ran the installer (very very slick, much better than me editing boot.ini's etc..) and boot into LS just fine. As soon as i load a web page or explorer, it loads into the VD to the left. not all the way to left just one screen over. I don't have dual monitors, and i can't ever get to the windows. I see their shadow (from yz's shadow proggy) but no window. There used to be a hot-key to 'gather windows' into the VD you are working on. But i wish it would work from the start. Is it theme-dependant? I'm downloading a new theme now, hopefully that will solve it. Any other quick fixes would be helpful. THanks

Brad

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-10 20:34:35 link

I don't know about the theme. Som apps like to do wierd things (Audiograbber, for instance, always got half off the screen, every time).
!vwmGather should do the trick for you for now. If your theme doesn't have a command line, switch to one that does. LSXcommand is handy for all sorts of things, not the least of which being !vwmGather, which is also handy for switching between certain themes that leave windows off on desktops no longer showing.

The VWM has nothing to do with multiple monitors. The V is for virtual. In fact, multiple monitors only seems to work w/ one of the VWM modules, AFAIK.

Posted by member 159206 on 2004-05-11 01:16:39 link

Well, I've tried changing the theme to no avail. So far no real luck in the litestep arena. I wonder if it's a hardware problem? Nvidia gf4 ti4200, ic7 875p, p4 512 RAM. I really wish it worked, from what i remember it was really nice using litestep.

Any more suggestions on this? the !vwmGather should work for a while, but the annoyance of a window opening in the wrong VW will get old. Thanks again.

Brad

Posted by member 1 on 2004-05-11 02:24:09 link

I would tend to lean more towards software problem than hardware. Try and disable yz's shadow proggy and see if that fixes it. If it does and you really want your shadow load up nivenh's shadow hack. Since he is in the shell scene he prolly got it right if yz didn't.

Posted by member 45704 on 2005-10-05 21:48:12 link

I have similar problem. It's drives me crazy. yz' shadow is the culprit. Thank god I found this thread...