lsxcommand and popup Thread last updated on 2004-05-09 14:48:43

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-05-06 14:08:57

Simple really. Just two ideas that I would like to see implemented.

1)Popup that supports a left/right image, so that a gradual image or label can be applied for the whole popup and not just for the selected/nonselected items. Would have to be only first level popup and be able to switch left and right if to close to the screen border, since you wouldnt want the second level popup to overlap onto your border.

2)LSXCommand with a bang that will change Background and BGColor. I am somewhat new and this may be available using a label and what have you. I have tried and cant seem to get it to work.

Just a Thought

SOL

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-06 15:45:23 link

1. Lots of features seem to elude popup. Some even that I've used in the distant past with older versions. :)
What you're asking for is a lot, there. Why not just do it with background images for the popup?
2. You'll basically have to make a script w/ mzScript to do that. Bets to make the BG color settings part of the mzScript variable file(s), and do something like:
*script bang !commandBGColorSet
*script exec !varSet commandBGColor %{\1}
*script exec !varSaveAll
*script exec !reload
*script exec !NetReloadModule lsxcommand-1.9.2
*script ~bang

calling it like so, with a hex color parameter:
!commandBGColorSet ABCDEF

BUT...if the xommand line is in a LsBox, you'll also have to destroy and create the LsBox.
And if you do that, I'd recommend it be alone in the LsBox. since it took all of 30 seconds to make and test that script...xlabels did not want to go back into the box.

Posted by member 99 on 2004-05-06 22:42:56 link

You don't have to destroy and recreate the lsbox... You can create a proxy hook bang with mzscript, save the handle, and rehook lsxcommand after you reload it. It would certainly be easier to just redo the lsbox though.

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-05-06 23:21:17 link

Well I do thank you for your help. I have not ventured into box'es as of yet. Only been on LS for about 5 weeks or so, and is trying to pick up stuff slowly. Here is the situation, which may help out some more. I do understand somewhat of the posted script, but here I think is where the problem is coming from.

I have a button, and on this button I have this:
*Script bang !LSXTog
*Script exec !LabelHide LabelLSXTog
*Script exec !LabelShow LabelLSXHome
*Script exec !CommandMove -185 6
*Script exec !commandBGColorSet 375A4E
*Script ~bang

*Script bang !LSXHome
*Script exec !LabelHide LabelLSXHome
*Script exec !LabelShow LabelLSXTog
*Script exec !CommandMove home
*Script exec !commandBGColorSet 575534
*script ~bang

So all that does is move the lsxcommand up to my top taskbar, instead of freefloating in the middle of the screen the way it is now december9th.com/dtop.jpg. Well, on the new wallpaper I made december9th.com/dtop2.jpg you can see that it doesnt go well with the colors on the top task bar, as apposed to its home state which is in the middle of the circle. I wanted to switch the bgcolor when I move it to the top position, and then change the color back when it goes back to the circle. It appears that *script exec !NetReloadModule lsxcommand-1.9.2 is just calling it back to its home position and color, which isnt going so well. Does this crap make a lick of sense???? Sorry if I confused the living daylights out of ya.

SOL

Posted by member 99 on 2004-05-07 09:55:26 link

*Script bang !LSXTog
*Script exec !LabelHide LabelLSXTog
*Script exec !LabelShow LabelLSXHome
*Script exec !commandBGColorSet 375A4E
*Script exec !CommandMove -185 6
*Script ~bang

*Script bang !LSXHome
*Script exec !LabelHide LabelLSXHome
*Script exec !LabelShow LabelLSXTog
*Script exec !commandBGColorSet 575534
*Script exec !CommandMove home
*script ~bang
I have to say that a built-in command would be happier than using !reload, but I don't wanna actually do it right now...

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-05-07 12:51:09 link

Well thank you both for the ideas. I guess its just me but I cant seem to get it to work. I will continue to mess around. Thank you again.

SOL

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-09 14:48:43 link

Checking back in this thread...how do you do that hookinh it back in w/o redoing the box? I'm working on a theme now, and given the flexibility, that could seriously cut down the need to recycle (and with all the popups I'm making, recycling went from around 1/10th of a second to at least a second). It might be easier to remake boxes or recycle...but I'm already dealing with hundreds of lines, and that's just move a grip and shade box around.
There have been several things done w/ modules that have required recycling, as other methods have tended to plain not work or lock up.