Editing font size in modles Thread last updated on 2004-05-05 05:30:03

Posted by member 115666 on 2004-05-03 16:59:22

Alright I'm putting this one in themes b/c i can't think of a better place. What got me interested in doing this was when I ran hacker OS (which is bueatiful) and I saw a post about changing the font size but that u hvae to go into the individual models.

So my question is: How do I know which modules my theme is running (so I can change font size) and how I would go about changing the size?

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-03 17:31:44 link

1. !about in the command line (if the theme doesn't use lsxcommand, you're missing a lot of the coolness of LS, IMO). Or check the .rc file of the theme that loads modules. For OTS2 themes, it will be theme.rc.
2. Read the docs for popup, label, etc.. If you're using OTS2 themes, they are nice and organized for you, mostly anyway, in modules\docs.

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-05-03 21:07:05 link

Well Here is the thing. You wont be able to go into the module itself and fix any specific font. That information is stored in your *.rc files. These can be found in your Theme Directory. Should be something like... C:\LiteStep\Themes\*themename*\config\ This is not the precise location, but a typical place to find rc files.

In there you can open upthe different *.rc files and adjust the font face,size,color,etc. A few other settings may need to be adjusted to accomodate a larger font, but its not to difficult. Read the rc files and you will get a general idea of what to fix and how.

Posted by member 115666 on 2004-05-04 21:18:32 link

Ok, so umm i'm in theme.rc and I'm seeing these various related configue files (I'm refering to austerity now, b/c I think it will be easiest to play around w/ first) I keep seeing base.rc but I don't know how to get to it. So where the hell is it and the other files like it?

Also what the HELL does recycle do?

Posted by member 35 on 2004-05-05 05:30:03 link

dont start with austerity, choose a simpler theme