CPU readout error Thread last updated on 2004-04-26 22:39:53

Posted by member 110850 on 2004-04-26 22:39:53

Ok, just to preface this, I know this error has popped up in the forums before(CPU usage reading a constant -1%), but I think I have found the root of it and cant exactly figure out which root is the right root. Let me explain.

I read one thread where someone said they had done "some optimization" before this error occured. I did somethign similar. I went in and checked out my active services in the computer management. I disabled a few "non-essential" services as per the advice of computer geeks. If my memory serves me correctly, the problem occurred AFTER this event. This would lead me to believe that the readout error is directly connected to the disabling of a certain "non-essential" windows service which IS essential to LiteStep's ability to accurately portray the CPU usage.

If anyone knows what service this is (or would be willing to post the default activated services for Windows XP Professional) I would be greatly appreciative.

Also something to note, incase anyone has any better solutions, my Rainmeter reads out the correct graph of CPU usage, it's just that Label doesn't. Thanks for the input.