New to site & Litestep Thread last updated on 2004-04-20 21:12:17

Posted by member 150533 on 2004-04-20 13:37:59

Hey there.
I was searching for a fix for an explorer problem that irked me, and I stumbled onto this site and litestep. I have not yet installed it, nor even gotten home at the moment. However, this looks very promising, both a way around my explorer woes and another way of sprucing up my GUI (I have quite a bit of the Object Desktop suite for just that purpose).
What attracts me to litestep is both the diffrent look and the different shell.

One thing would really tick me off and send me running back though, be it a menial thing as it is, that being the Run command and its shortcut (Winkey-R). For some odd reason I have grown far too attached to this simple shortcut (its that much quicker for me to type it then to click a dozen times), and I tend to get angry and resteless whenever I am using a comp with it disabled (like here at school), akin to a sort of withdrawl. IF there is a way to keep this shortcut or perhaps program it in to litestep (if it does not exist), then I would feel at home and stick around.

Please be patient with this n00b (it wont be long, I catch on rather quickly).

EDIT: I am also a WinAmp nut, deprived of that I may get angry too ;)

Posted by member 2111 on 2004-04-20 18:10:18 link

Yes you can have the Win+R shortcut, or any other shortcut you would like to make such as Win+I for your internet browser or Win+E for explorer and so forth. Short cuts can be made using the ctl or alt keys as well.

Posted by member 150533 on 2004-04-20 21:12:17 link

Excellent, now I am netted...
Thx for the info.