Middleclick Menue on Desktop Thread last updated on 2004-04-26 10:35:20

Posted by member 72838 on 2004-04-20 09:29:32

Hi,
i´m trying to build my second Litestep skin, this time with options ;) I use the standardtheme as a reference (Ok sometimes i´m just like "whaaaat??") in this theme there is a popuptheme.rc which is responsible for the shift-leftclick on Desktop for the Options. I just can´t find the hint why its shift-leftclick, because i want it to appear on middleclick on desktop :-/ *Desktop mbutton !PopupTheme doesn´t work (*Desktop mbutton !PopupTasks doesn´t work in the standardtheme too, so i don´t know if this *Desktop is really correct)

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-04-21 07:50:26 link

look in the personal folder (hotkey.rc I believe--not at my PC right now), you shall find your answers there. You can do the same thing in your theme to have an additional middle-click popup.

Posted by member 7 on 2004-04-25 11:08:57 link

The answer is in personal.rc. Look for something like this:
*Desktop RButton !Popup
*Desktop LButton+SHIFT !PopupTheme

*jDeskMButton2 [.none;!none;!Popup;!none]
*jDeskMButton1 [SHIFT;!none;!PopupTheme;!none]

Posted by member 72838 on 2004-04-26 05:49:59 link

Can i somehow include an extraline for personal.rc in the Theme? Because if someone installs this theme, the personal.rc file wouldn´t be touched, would it.

Posted by member 7 on 2004-04-26 06:18:41 link

No, the OTS leaves the choice of mouse buttons up to the user.

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-04-26 10:35:20 link

If you want to work around the OTS, you can in your theme put it anyway. If the end user already defines the middle click, I believe that because it was first defined in personal.rc (and personal.rc is logically before your theme.rc [or its includes]), then star-type settings override a theme's just like regular evar settings do. In your theme you could do it directly but then some users might or might not like it; it's up to you. Alternatively, you could suggest personal conveniences like this in your theme's documentation.

I believe the OTS does not consider the use of a middle mouse button only to support users who do not have one; perhaps those using LiteStep at work or with laptops (older technology).