GUI for theme creation Thread last updated on 2004-04-21 18:49:01

Posted by member 138111 on 2004-04-19 18:28:00

I know, its a very, very far fetched idea, but hey, we can all dream ;)

What I was thinking was a very simple kinda thing, so you run "Theme Editor.exe" or whatever, and get a list of modules that the editor would accept, say for example, LSSlider.

And then it would give you step by step option on configuring LSSlider, such as "Height" "Width" and "position", all of which should be able to be set by the mouse, so you could click and drag things to your desired height, width, and finally position.

Hmm.. Im not sure if I am explaining myself too well. Maybe it's just a crackpot dream..

Anyone who can code? What do you think?

Posted by member 147961 on 2004-04-19 22:17:48 link

Maybe it is possible, not that I have done with LiteStep mind you, but when I had my own web page and used java script
I was able to drag and drop using the copy command to edit a txt file. Maybe the same thing can happen using the Theme Editor program. I haven't played With the theme editor or
Theme Maker program yet so who knows. Try it and see.

Hamy

Posted by member 1 on 2004-04-20 00:07:53 link

uhmmm...its on the downloads page.

Posted by member 138111 on 2004-04-20 00:39:48 link

Uhhmmm, Im an idiot.

*sighs*

Sorry about that, must look harder before opening mouth in future

Posted by member 125450 on 2004-04-20 08:47:12 link

dreams can come true :)

Posted by member 32550 on 2004-04-20 15:46:20 link

well, I've the same idea, but there are some problems come along.

it seems that it issn't possible to create a edit dialog by loading a ls module and put the settings in it (sad but true)

developer have to do the dialoge by themselves, but most don't want to, and I can understand why, cause it's real work. That's why we killed the Module-Creating-Dialogs in LSTM, cause it is impossible to rewrite or update every month lstm cause of setting changes.
I made a new small xLabelCFG tool and finished it today, and it will be released together with xLabel-3.0 (.... don't ask when, we dunno yet), just for easy configuring xLabel.

If you want to use LSTM2, please take a look at my Homepage, there is a newer version with saving bug fixes.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-04-21 18:49:01 link

if we could get all module authors (yeah, I know it's impossible) to follow a setting naming scheme, it should be possible. but hell, some authors change the settings between versions of their own modules, so I don't think THAT'S gonna happen. not to mention the fact that it would still take a LOT of work.