Request for Step.RC Thread last updated on 2004-04-21 16:05:27

Posted by member 147961 on 2004-04-19 17:52:09

Could someone send me via email, a copy of thier Step.RC
file so I can get a general idea on how to edit mine.
I have items needing to be added to mine but I am unsure where and how they should be put in.
Some txt files in certain modules state to add this line to your step rc. I can add the line and have some success but I don't know how to add the parameters.
HELP!!!

HAMY

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-04-19 22:26:43 link

the settings are put into the config directory of a theme, but people still say step.rc because of past theme concepts.

Posted by member 99 on 2004-04-20 02:38:00 link

I think your best bet is to check a theme that has the setting you're looking for or look through the personal files to see where similar things might be. (look under right click -> litestep -> edit config)

If that doesn't help, maybe you could give some specific examples?

Technically, all of those other .rc files are included into step.rc, so putting something in theme.rc or personal.rc will effectively put it into step.rc. When a module says "put this in step.rc" what it means is to put it in a file that is ultimately loaded by litestep as if it were in step.rc. If you put it into an .rc file that wasn't included, it wouldn't really do any good.

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-21 13:05:52 link

Dont forget that if its something you want LS to do ALL the time, regardless of what theme you use, load the module in your step, not your theme. For Instance, if you have an alarm module, you prolly want that with ALL themes, so that would get added into your step.rc because if you adjust settings or anything within theme dependant files, it will only work on that theme. If say you had somethin like baksaver that looked really cool on a certain theme, then you would through that info on that theme's rc file.

>or maybe i'm just stoned

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-04-21 16:05:27 link

[quote=LoveSponge]Dont forget that if its something you want LS to do ALL the time, regardless of what theme you use, load the module in your step, not your theme.[/quote]

Or rather put them in your personal.rc. I guess if you actually have user accounts using litestep, you could put global stuff in step.rc