Shell Choice Thread last updated on 2004-04-11 03:09:20

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-09 12:13:21

Unfortunatly the Search option is off on the forum so please forgive if this has been done, and redone. What I am trying to figure out is this. I have a 98 box that everyone in the house uses. I know that some people will be "afraid" of litestep so what I am wanting to know is, Is there any way of having windows boot to explorer.exe all the time, unless some command 'F8" or what have you was pressed giving me essentially a bootup list like:

1)Start Windows Normally
2)Start Windows in SafeMode
3)Start Windows with LiteStep Shell

Choice:

Something where everyone else would see a normal boot, but only I or anyone else that wanted to use LiteStep would know the command to get the above list. I would be greatly appreciative. If you know of an online doc a link would be find. I actually try to read.

Posted by member 534 on 2004-04-09 15:21:42 link

ShellOn can do this for you - check http://www.dx13.co.uk/ and go for version 2.x. Documentation is included so it should be easy to figure out. Basically, you need to set up a timer and make Explorer the default shell.

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-11 03:09:20 link

Thanks Phil, and sorry for the wrong forum. Was thinking code for writing like reg code. Regardless, I heard of shellON and every link I seemed to have found was all dead. Downloading now. If somethin goes screwy, I'll be back!!