Questions Thread last updated on 2004-04-08 13:40:07

Posted by member 143168 on 2004-04-08 09:45:09

Hello
I am very beginer on LiteStep. I am sorry that I ask this, but I couldn't perform search on Forums.

How do I configure LiteStep so:
1. the window that receives bell not to be moved to current desktop? It happens on Y! windows when somebody tells me anything. This is the behavior on Default theme. I saw a theme (Gathering) that was switiching to the desktop where the Y! windows was when it received a message (horrible thing.. imagine that you are typing away and you just lose focus).
2. make TaskManager hide when minimized (See Options menu in task manager) and not just minimized. Also, it would be useful to make it appear on current desktop when I press Ctrl-Alt-Esc.
3. make all Y! messanger windows appear on desktop 3.
4. Switch desktop even when a window is not responding.
5. Is there a visual tool to configure things? The days of config files are gone... that's why I had moved to Windows, to make things with mouse clicks and not by learning strange programming languages.
6. Does anybody have the impression that Yahoo Messenger tooltips are 'sticky'? (meaning that they remain on screen even after Y! window had minimizes) .. I have a ScreenShot with this, but I don't know how to put it here..
7. I had another problem. I though that when switching desktops LiteStep does not remember the currently focused window (when returning to a desktop it focuses other window). I did not manage to reproduce this behavior while writing this note but somehow I made VS.NET window disappear (devenv is in process list only) and Outlook 2003 does not come out of tray anymore.

Best regards,
Marius Ologesa

Posted by member 1 on 2004-04-08 13:40:07 link

How is this about LSnet?

*kick* YER OUTTA HERE!