quick launch from directory Thread last updated on 2004-04-23 12:01:24

Posted by member 141259 on 2004-04-03 08:09:06

One thing i miss on LiteStep (or maybe I just didn't find it yet) is a quick launch bar that would load it's content from a directory as explorer.exe does it. Including icons. You wouldn't have to create icons and edit config files every time you want to add new program to your quick launch bar.

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-20 14:52:26 link

Why not just use the "Send To..." folder and stick a shortcut of your quicklaunch folder in there. That way you can right click items and send to your quicklaunch folder.

Seems to easy, this must not be what your lookin for. Oh Well, There goes my 2 cents.

Posted by member 90007 on 2004-04-21 02:52:21 link

I have almost exactly what you want: Deskfolders.

Aparently buggy on some systems, but I've had no issues.
Just set the root to the folder you want, then disable browsing.

An alternate option is to call a dynamicfolder popup in either your main popup code (theme independent), or make it theme independent and popup in a corner/with a special hotkey, etc.

You wouldn't have a bar, but you wouldn't have to muck about in rc files to add things.

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-21 12:59:25 link

Are you trying to bring up a directory easily including icons? I have been messing around with icondesk, and with a button click (which could be added to a hotkey or some simple bangs obviously) I have it switch all the icons on the desktop to a specified path. Multiple buttons, desktop,quicklaunch,lsdir,mp3folder,etc....

Posted by member 102612 on 2004-04-23 12:01:24 link

I used icondesk for this and point it to my existing quick launch dir. This way if I switch back to the explorer shell I have the same quicklaunch shortcuts. My path to my exporer quick launc is:
/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Application Data/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch

Put the following in you icondesk.rc for a start.
IconDeskGroups Launcher
IconDeskLauncherVisible false

IconDeskLauncherX -20
IconDeskLauncherY 250
IconDeskLauncherSize 19
IconDeskLauncherSpacingX 2
IconDeskLauncherSpacingY 5
IconDeskLauncherDirection left
IconDeskLauncherWrapDirection down
IconDeskLauncherWrapCount 2
IconDeskLauncherHideText true
IconDeskLauncherToolTips true
IconDeskLauncherFoldersFirst true
; icon color
; not full color, a bit "dusty"; comment out to get full color icons
IconDeskLauncherHueIntensity 50

;IconDeskLauncherLinkOverlay false
;IconDeskLauncherShareOverlay false
*IconDeskLauncherMouse LeftUP .none .open

;Change this if you don't want icondesk to point at your quicklaunch folder.
*IconDeskLauncherFolder $QuickLaunch$

This won't put icondesk where YOU want it but you'll get the idea.