ls disables my program + crashes in standby mode Thread last updated on 2003-03-25 17:39:36

Posted by member 12798 on 2003-03-05 17:16:09

hi there, hope this is the right place for my problems (never joined any of all the forums around the web but now managed to register here).

i've been using ls since a couple of years, never experiencing big problems. but since the indiestep release of dec 2002, it completely disables a small program, that means whatever i do, the program doesn't even load. (the program is a small tool called fritz!web which connects to the internet over isdn, and it's very comfortable. could use dialup network, of course, but i don't want to :p ).
so does anybody know why this happens and what i can do about it?

the other problem i have is that since ... well, can't remember ... a year or so, or more, my windows (98se) crashes when i start up from standby mode. it used to work, but - again - i can't remember if that was on my current pc or the one before. anyway, my question about that is whether today's builds can handle standby mode at all, and if yes, what can i do to make ls handle it on my pc?

ok, that's it, thx in advance and good night (nearly midnight here in "the old europe" :D)

besides: where can i get a big version of the ls logo? would like to print a shirt with it :D

Posted by member 11869 on 2003-03-05 21:36:38 link

I had a similar problem with rebooting from Standby, but after a format and Windows re-install everything started working again (I needed to format anyway).

Posted by member 7 on 2003-03-06 03:09:21 link

Doublecheck if it's really a problem with the Indie LS build. Go back to an earlier build, post back here if the problem reproducably disappears then.

Posted by member 12798 on 2003-03-06 18:45:02 link

d'oh, i just deleted my whole text by just accidently pressing one key! f...! (sorry, but it took me one hour as i did several things parallely...)

well, i don't have the time to rewrite, so this is the short version of it:
firstly, my program does work under recent builds. cannot tell why i didn't when i tried (and i tried before and after a format) and now does on the same system with nothing relevant changed since then (at least i cannot remember).
secondly, standby mode doesn't work with any build (testet 3 from 2001 and 2002), seems to me that this is hardware-related

so thanks althougt i could have avoided this thread... :)
only thing left is the big logo i'm searching, maybe this'll be my next thread :)

Posted by member 16509 on 2003-03-24 01:46:48 link

the standby error is a result of your BIOS and w98 fighting. no way to resolve it except for format c:/ and putting on a REAL OS like 2000 (which loves LS :D)

Posted by member 7 on 2003-03-24 04:52:26 link

does the standby mode work if there's no shell at all?

Posted by member 12798 on 2003-03-25 17:39:36 link

if there's no shell at all? sounds weird... how can i do that? i mean, i have to call it somehow... (?) (i used to have a button for that on my former computer, but none right now)

well, will try that, but after all, i think kronchev is right.