Keeps asking to go back to default skin? Thread last updated on 2004-03-31 11:10:37

Posted by member 140935 on 2004-03-30 23:15:18

Hello, new to litestep, blah blah blah. Search function is down and I went over all areas of the forums that would have had the answer and no luck. Read all the documentation that has to do with FAQ's and common problems, no go.

My question is this: The default litestep works beautifully, I downloaded a few skins and installed them the way their helpfiles said (unzip them to the theme directory and switch to them). They proceeded to downloaded the components they needed, then I restarted and started litestep again. Now everytime I switch to any new skin it loads it halfway, asks if I want to switch back to the default skin... if I choose no, it seems like it half-assed loaded the skin and it's colors are messed up, and missing half its components.

Is this normal? A common problem? Like I said, search is down at the moment so please don't crucify me if this is some easy fix... I tried to find it the right way but the site wasn't haveing it =).

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-03-31 01:27:23 link

the go back dialogue is a feature of LsThemeInstaller.exe which you can find in litestep/utilities. run it and click the settings button, there you can switch this off. however maybe you shouldn't, since it's a practical feature as the themes you describe seem to be messed up, and the dialogue is an easy way to go back to an environment that actually works (thus avoiding to force you to change the theme by hand and other things...)

again: it's not litestep, it's the theme (btw: there's no default litestep, what you mean is the default theme). if you don't get an error message when downloading modules, then it's very probably the themes fault.

Posted by member 140935 on 2004-03-31 11:10:37 link

Thank you for clarifying all of that. Yes, I was talking about the default theme then, and that's the one that works perfectly.

The one theme in question was 'GHOST' that is actually messing up. I assumed Blackbox+ was since the font was so incredibly tiny, and it was black/yellow but that's the style it was on (haven't figure out how to change styles yet, still working on it). But has anyone else had 'GHOST' completely flip out on them? Mine loads like... the Virtual Desktop Switcher, a line, and something that says the time. Installed it as it told me to, and it went wacky.

Anyways, thanks again for the help.