making a theme,,, Thread last updated on 2004-04-01 17:17:36

Posted by member 104189 on 2004-03-28 08:42:44

after i make a theme on my computer, how do i assemble it? i mean put it together to send it?

thank you

Posted by member 1949 on 2004-03-28 10:35:38 link

For ots2 follow this guideline:
place readme,theme.ini,theme.rc in main THEME folder
place your graphics in IMAGES folder
place fonts in MISC folder
place theme rc files in CONFIG folder
place wallpaper in WALLPAPER folder
When you have this all set
right click the main theme folder and zip it up.
go in the folder and check to see if there is any thumbs.db
files in there and delete them.
Now check if your theme installs ok
If you are running the theme currently switch to another theme. Go in your litestep directory and delete your theme.
The way I test is by deleting my module directory to check if modules download correctly. Do this by going into your module directory and then by holding shift while recycling
it will pause litestep, now do a ctrl+A to select all and hit delete. ok now modules are deleted you can unpause litestep and netloadmodule will download the modules for the theme you switched too. Now go to the zip file of your theme you just zipped up and rename it from themename.zip to themename.lsz and doubleclick to see if it installs ok.
If it did rename it back to a .zip and get a screenshot ready by hitting "prt scr" on your keyboard and then paste your screenshot in your image editor, add some text describing your theme and then upload to LS.net...

That's about it!

Posted by member 109427 on 2004-03-29 01:12:31 link

Immortal, maybe you could show it to us by uploading your MMD3-theme? ;) ;) ;)

Posted by member 1949 on 2004-03-29 07:20:34 link

Its worth the wait.

Posted by member 5669 on 2004-04-01 17:17:36 link

that post is hell to try and read... paragraphs and line breaks are your friend.