need task[s/bar] with a non-pattern background Thread last updated on 2004-03-29 03:57:38

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-03-28 08:24:06

ok, i'm having a really big problem with a theme i'm working on. if there's no help for this, the theme will be kind of ruined and not really realizable... :/
here's the problem:

i need to have a background for the tasks. but it has to be a non-pattern one, just a background over which the task icons "fly". or expressed another way: the tasks have no "own" background (no buttons), it's just transparent, and you should see what is behind. i hope you understand...
now if the background is a module (in this case either lsbox or skinbox) and you use a transparent image for the tasks (or magic pink (tm)), then not only the tasks are transparent but also the background (lsbox or skinbox, as you remember :) ).
so in short terms: i need to have transparent tasks, but a background "shining" through.

er, sorry if it's confusing... :/

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-03-28 10:04:06 link

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-03-28 11:14:07 link

exactly, except that as far as i can tell you can just see the wallpaper through the boxes in your theme. that's not what i really mean, it's not alpha transparency. i have a draggable box with - to be precise - a fish as the background image. now this fish shall have the task icons on it, while you can still see the fish's colours. :)

(sorry if i'm mistaken, i'm still examining your theme :) )

Posted by member 35 on 2004-03-28 14:07:17 link

tried with *magic pink* as bgof the task buttons??

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-03-28 14:48:08 link

of course =)

it could also be done without hooking modules into a box, by just placing them next to each other, but that would make the dragging rather complicated, i think...

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-03-29 01:03:33 link

try the last task-0.96b1 (but I don't know if this will help)

Note: The theme I linked you to is very tricky...

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-03-29 03:57:38 link

i noticed that, your themes are always awesome tricky ;) (i also had a closer look at lszygote yesterday ... wow =) ... it would be nice if you added more comments into the code, because it's often difficult to figure out how stuff works :) )

---

besides, i've found a new love: tasks-0.96. thank you very much Smurth :)

now the only thing left is to remove these ugly magic pink edges of the icons. plus i hope tasks won't behave strange anymore on my computer (which it used to do...).