Downloading with NLM problem. Thread last updated on 2004-03-24 02:05:36

Posted by member 50784 on 2004-03-23 04:32:11

Ok! here it is:

May be I missed something, or maybe, there seems to be a problem with the modules from loose-screws.

Well when you download a module, let's say popup.dll from shellfront.org, the zip is named: popup2-2.1.5.zip. Thsame module from loose, will have the name: popup2-2[1].1.5.zip.

Till there it's ok.

In the OTS doc it's said that when you make a theme, you got to use "*netloadmodule module", where the "module" is the name of the archive without the ".zip". So to have the archive name of a modul, you have to manualy download it and take the name and use it in your NLM statement.

So for the example with the popup, from shellfront it woud be:
*netloadmodule popup2-2.1.5 (this works, the module is downloaded end used)
and for loose, it would be:
*netloadmodule popup2-2[1].1.5 (this do not work, the module is downloaded, but there is a message saying "they are downloaded but the zip file is invalid or corrupt" and when you ake off the [1], it works again)
So you may tell me not tu put the [1], but then the modules are downloaded from shellfront, and shellfront is not up to date as loose-screws. For example there is no popup2-2.1.6 on shellfront, and it seems that if I don't put the [1], the module can't be downloaded at all.
See the themes I posted, the problem is on them.

Oh one more thing, I don't have this problem on my instll, for I downloaded ALL the modules from both lists, and I store them in "ModulesDir\archive", so when I install a theme, he simply takes the modules from there, and the above problem is not happening!?

So I think that it's me ho don't get something, but what?

Best regards,
BobixLeSage

Posted by member 99 on 2004-03-24 00:19:26 link

"where the 'module' is the name of the archive without the '.zip'" is not strictly true. NLM uses a module-version string to identify the module and it inserts this string into some place in a URL to request it from the server. It doesn't have to be the name of a zip, although it is (or behaves as if it is) for all servers that I am currently aware of. This string is the same for all servers.

er, in theory... but this case is not an exception. The [1] is not part of the name, that's inserted when the file is downloaded. I wouldn't be surprised if you got the opposite results if you downloaded from l-s first. The local name on your machine needn't be related to the name on the server.

So don't put the [1] in there. popup2-2.1.6 should work. (I'll try to look at one of those themes...)

As for the "zip file is invalid" message, see http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=2&id=3324 for an explanation.

Posted by member 50784 on 2004-03-24 02:05:36 link

Ok, thanks!
Well I allredy tryed not to put the [1], but it wrks only when the module is allredy downloaded...still I have a doubt, I will re-try, but with an empty ModulesDir.
If you see something wrong in one of those themes, I would like to know, and if I figure out something I'll post it here.

Thanks...