total bloody newbie again... some help? :) Thread last updated on 2004-03-19 18:51:53

Posted by member 83125 on 2004-03-17 09:22:37

I'm at work right now, and re-discovered litestep. The last time I used it was when windows 98 was king on my pentium 200, so I'm definitely behind the times.

I'm running a windows XP Pro SP1 box, and I'm just wondering how hard it is to get LS running on this.

Also... what's the most "basic" theme I can use? I want to heavily customize my desktop, and want to maximise resource usage (the reason i used litestep before was so it would run games sooo much faster than with explorer loaded)

Any help/tips? :) Thanks

Lordfly

Posted by member 75632 on 2004-03-19 18:51:53 link

Hi Lordfly,

nice to see you have rediscovered LS. :)
As for your first question, running LS isn't hard at all. I use XP SP1 too and it gives me no trouble running nor installing LS. I guess it's just as difficult as running any other program.

Your second question, most basic theme, I can't answer. I never bothered myself with that because my computer is just good enough to play recent games. LS uses about 15.000k (as reported by task manager) on my computer. You'll just have to find out yourself what's best I guess. You could ofcourse easily create your own resource minimalistic theme. :)

regards,
me