modules ideas: icon wrapper, RDP events Thread last updated on 2006-06-12 01:13:40

Posted by member 98984 on 2004-03-17 08:18:46

So I was looking in the registry and noticed various entries like

DefaultIcon="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Photoshop.exe,57"

and

DefaultIcon="dxmasf.dll,-502"

and I was thinking it would be nice to have a module that could be bundled with LiteStep so that themes could include theme specific icons and the module would intercept requests for the resources to a different icon.

---------
I use Remote Desktop to connect to my desktop computer from my laptop. The laptop has a screensize of 800x600 and I normally run my desktop at 1280x1024. When I login I have to manually recycle so that my theme objects are placed properly.

I can't enable recycle on resolution change because it causes problems with Tribes 2 in fullscreen mode. I would like a module that detects a login event and does a recycle or runs an optional bang when I logon via Remote Desktop or locally.

I suppose it would be more useful if it knew the difference between a remote and local session and could run different bangs based on type, but I'd be happy with just a simple !recycle on logon.

Posted by member 287180 on 2006-06-02 14:08:19 link

I stopped using LITESTEP because of this RDP issue... i was looking for a fix or something, this post is the only thing i found! Is this issue fixed ?

Posted by member 248213 on 2006-06-11 23:35:55 link

About the RDP issue:
you could use !execute to run the RDP program and then !recycle,
but if thats too fast you can sort a batch file out

access bangs from batch files like this:
C:\litestep\litestep.exe !recycle

and I think the icon idea is good, though not really suited to LS, more a separate app.
but you could always write one yourself ;)

Posted by member 1 on 2006-06-12 01:13:40 link

Maybe Im confused...but isn't that what .extract and .icon are for?