Ghost & Grayscale VWM issues Thread last updated on 2004-03-16 07:50:24

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-03-16 02:14:28

Hiya,

Every time I load Ghost (by normanbates) and Grayscale (a la mojomonkee), I get this error:

"RabidVWM"
"Can't open config file, check your path:
Data\Litestep\themes....blah blah you get the point."

With Ghost, it points at the box4.box file, and Grayscale whines about the control_panel.box. In both the titles of the alert thingy, it has the word "RabidVWM."

So I checked the evars (every single one--but the one at *LSBoxCreate in particular). Put quotation marks around 'em where necessary. Made sure filenames matched.

And I still get the error. Strangely enough, in both cases, the VWM loads and works perfectly. It's just that stinkin' error message that's driving me crazy on every load/recycle.

What am I missing? I'm sure it's something small and simple and typographical but I've tried everything that I knew to try. I doubt it makes a difference, but I'm using a Win2K Pro (SP4) box powered by a 1.4 Ghz AMD Athlon with 490 megs of RAM.

Thanks for any and all help!

volfro

PS: BTW, I've been an LS user for about two months now, and I am absolutely in love. This program is so versatile and powerful. Makes me wonder what in the world designers of explorer were thinking.

Posted by member 99 on 2004-03-16 03:01:37 link

You need a newer version of lsbox or rabidvwm. lsbox is passing the path with spaces to rabidvwm without quotes. The only way to fix this without upgrading anything is to use short 8.3 filenames for everything.

Probably the easiest fix is to find the *NetLoadModule line in theme.rc that refers to rabidvwm and make it use rabidvwm-1.1.1 This version will ignore the box file, which didn't work with ls .24.7 anyway, and shouldn't require any other config changes.

Posted by member 100397 on 2004-03-16 07:50:24 link

Worked. Thanks. I thought it was a config problem somewhere in there, not a problem with the module, but I guess I was wrong. :) Thanks for your help!

volfro