Eject-PC Thread last updated on 2004-03-14 17:19:18

Posted by member 133954 on 2004-03-13 20:30:52

I use a laptop, and sometimes have it in a docking station. Before I started using Litestep, there was a link in my systray to Undock my PC. Now it's not there. Does anyone have/make a way to put it back?

Posted by member 32550 on 2004-03-14 00:08:15 link

what is your startbar? you mean systray (windows default -> left side), or startmenü (click start) or quicklaunch (beside start button)

Quicklaunch Path:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Current_Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

Startmenu:
rightclick anywhere on Desktop

Systray:
problem, the icons in there are generated dynamical by windows, there is no path to look at, only in the systray itself (or start by hand from popup/startmenu), if the tool is good, it wouldn't start twice

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-03-14 00:11:24 link

EDIT: yes, what ls-universe said (original post below)

Check for the link in your quicklaunch folder (as a litestep evar, "$QuickLaunch$" here evaluates to "C:\Documents and Settings\tnl\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch").

If it's not there, set your shell to explorer again and figure what the link points to (I would expect it to be some executable).

Then you might be able to recreate a similar mechanism back in litestep, like a shortcut on the desktop or a hotkey or popup entry.

Posted by member 133954 on 2004-03-14 17:19:18 link

I went back to explorer, but there were no properties to show where the link sends you. Any other ideas? Thanks. I don't think that it makes a difference, but I'm using w98.