noob LsBox help Thread last updated on 2004-03-12 10:18:54

Posted by member 112509 on 2004-03-11 22:05:39

ok, so ive been reading on the LsBox module. It seems that you can put boxes on you desktop with commands that load a specific program etc...

i put the LsBox.dll into my litestep folder, loaded it into my step.rc and recylced. Everything works until there. It now says i have to make a .Box file... how do i do that? I tried creating a text file and saving at .box but alas it didnt seem to work when i trited to !LsBoxCreate blah.box .

possibly anyone could help out?

also got 1 more quick question...when in the documentation it tells you to add specific lines to your step file...where do you put the specific code? does it matter?

Thanks guys

Posted by member 32550 on 2004-03-12 00:04:40 link

normaly everybody would say: rtfm ;)

a lsbox issn't a box where you can load specific programs, it's kind of a small dragable (if you want to) desktop where you can load Litestep specific things in it, like, rainmeter, labels, shortcuts.

well, now that we know that a box is kind of a small litestep desktop, it seems to be clear what a *.box file is. this file contains the box behaviour and it's content (again: labels, shortcuts and .. and... and..).

the box has to be created in the theme.rc or any other rc file in your theme (not in the step.rc in the litestep main root!!!)
example:
*LsBoxCreate "$ConfigDir$box3.box"

Posted by member 112509 on 2004-03-12 07:01:18 link

when you say "load Litestep specific things in it, like, rainmeter, labels, shortcuts. " , do you such as shortcuts to programs or am i way off?

would you also minf explaining why you put "$ConfigDir$" instead of some other one? I understand the '$' are e- variables, but the path so to say is what i dont quite comprehend. thanks again

Posted by member 35 on 2004-03-12 10:18:54 link

lsbox loads the modules (labels, rainmeter, shortcuts) in a box instead of having them fixed in the desktop.

you should use $configdir$ because it's how it's specified in ots2 (for more info visit http://o-t-s.sf.net/)