lsbox 3-pre, shortcuts, !bangs and some answers Thread last updated on 2004-03-09 18:47:39

Posted by member 3529 on 2004-03-09 14:45:03

I finally figured out some of my problems with lsbox. I have a habit of using "tab" isntead of the spacebar because I like everything in nice neat columns. lsbox does not like that. There can only be one single space (just in case any newbies run into this problem.)

I still cannot get a !bang to work though. The latest line I have tried is as follows:

*shortcut "Programs" 2 203 programsbox.bmp .none programsbox-clicked.bmp #7T !popup

I checked spacing and that is not my problem. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them.

Posted by member 5669 on 2004-03-09 16:56:49 link

does using !alert work? it may not like !popup because of the x/y and draggable boxes and such.

Posted by member 1340 on 2004-03-09 17:22:44 link

the problem is more with the bang rather than box in my opinion. does !popup works off the command? or a shortcut out of the box?

Posted by member 3529 on 2004-03-09 18:47:39 link

I never knew about the !alert bang before. SO I tried that and it didn't work. So I retyped the whole line being extra careful and paying closer attetion to what I was doing. This time it works! Now the bad thing is that I have autohide turned on for the box and the execution of the bang hides the box which completely ruins the affect I was going for.

I am trying to recreate the XP start menu. I know some of you may cringe, but mine is not that big or obnoxious IMO. Plus I wanted this theme to be a good one for my wife who is migrating over to LS from explorer.

Anyways, back to the point. I have a shortcut for the file manager, browser, email, and audioplayer. When clicked the label autohides. However, when clicking on the shortcut that executes the bang !popup it also hides which is what it is supposed to do but not what I want to do in this paticular instance. I am pretty sure though that there is not going to be a way around it so I will just deal with it.