need help installing modules Thread last updated on 2004-03-07 10:17:39

Posted by member 131352 on 2004-03-06 22:12:29

i downloaded litestep today, and i think its awesome. i found a simple theme i like, and i also downloaded some game modules or w/e. the only problem is, im a total noobie and i have no idea where to put the games, or how to include them into my desktop. i would GREATLY appreciate some help on this. you can reach me on AIM: An Angry Hotdog.

again i would appreciate it. thanks.

Posted by member 32550 on 2004-03-06 22:33:22 link

erm, I'm not quite sure what you mean with "game modules", cause I only know one "game" module.

LS will download every module the choosen Theme needs (if you let ls access to the internet of course ;) )
so non-theme-includet-but-want-to modules have to loaded manulay:
open the \themes\"themename"\theme.rc (mostly, or the file with the *NetLoadModule lines will be in the config folder, search for that).
copy a *NetLoadModule line and paste in below the other *NetLoadModule lines. now write behind that your choosen module name (example: zip file is called: modul1-2.4_beta.zip your line has to be: *NetLoadModule modul1-2.4_beta )
now, place the module zip file in your:
litestep\modules\archive\
folder. Opne the zip and read the txt which settings this module has and set them in the theme.rc (or whatever.rc you're now from the theme)

last one is to recycle and pray that your settings are well (ok, I do that)

Posted by member 131352 on 2004-03-06 22:49:32 link

ok thats confusing.

when i say "game modules" im talking about the games i downloaded from http://www.loose-screws.com

LSSnake
LSTetris
Wharfanoid
Wharfpong

etc...

i was wondering where do i extract the files to, and how do i run them, afterwards. i would preferbably like to have them binded to hotkeys.

Posted by member 1949 on 2004-03-07 09:03:37 link

I believe these need to be loaded from a wharf module.
Download wharf-2.0 from loose screws
and load modules like this
*Wharf Wharfanoid Wharfanoid.bmp @C:\Litestep\Wharfanoid.app
Just read the module documents for info to set them up.

Posted by member 32550 on 2004-03-07 10:17:39 link

These modules are really old and it will be a very big surprise if they will still work ls_0.24.7 build, but sure you can try it