another opinion Thread last updated on 2004-02-29 14:37:54

Posted by member 128566 on 2004-02-29 11:38:29

It's nice to that some other skin provider has finally offered up a serious challenge to Stardock and Company. It's long overdue. their arrogance and lack of customer support for their products has led to a mass exodus. Many software developers who use skins in their products to enhance their products, have considered making their own because of it. I hope that you don't forget that as your software becomes more popular. I have used Stardock products for over five years and when i have a problem, it remains a problem until its time to order again. This is how they show their appreciation for my patronage. I recently ran across your software advertise in http://www.komando.com/ web page, and like thousands of other unsatisfied customers looking for an alternative. My only suggestion, would be to provide some skins with lighter colors, for those of us who need to see our work while using them. Otherwise, your format gives new meaning to the term fresh and inovative which is exactly what we need to keep the ball moving forward. In my opinion your skin platform is the best available today. Thank you for good work!

Posted by member 1 on 2004-02-29 12:42:09 link

Well...as a memeber of the community we appreciate the thought. One thing I don't think you understand though is that LiteStep has been around longer than the Stardock company. Stardock was created originally, from what I remember, of members of the shell scene to create WindowBlinds.

Also...you say "as your software becomes more popular." Well...LS is already the oldest and most widely used shell available. Can you really get more popular than that? :) (( 100,000 users...500,000 users...does it really matter once you get past 20? :) ))

Posted by member 128566 on 2004-02-29 13:24:28 link

Thank you for your comments and the correction is noted. I have over the past seven years have tried what I thought was almost every skin platform available but I must have missed this one. In any case, yours is similar to the Next Step platform but I think better. I encourage you to continue in your work but also provide some lighter color combinations for us blind folk. I will pass my discovery along to those individuals in our network of friends so that we can increase the number of users to 20 mil and above. Many Kudo's to your group!

Posted by member 1 on 2004-02-29 13:46:30 link

If you scroll through the themes section there are a bunch of light themes. Every color combination imaginable has been tried at some point. And if you find a theme layout that you like its not like you can't just whip out PhotoShop and NotePad and make it lighter.

Posted by member 128566 on 2004-02-29 14:37:54 link

Thanks I didn't know that! Although I'm not familiar with the process of designing skins, I am considered a genius so it should be a snap for me. Thanks for the tip!